The Mack limousine

mrsmackpaul

It looks like it takes all the manly out of it. You know I’ve been out on the road since 1972 and I can honestly say I have only seen one girl in my life driving a Mack and that was in a video a few months ago.

• 4 weeks later...

Wonder what was the reason?

Don't they want for general public to own an armored vehicle?

Here some kind of that matter takes place. A friend of mine owns WW2 German half track armored transporter. But its side sheets have 4 big holes cut at each side which were welded up with thin (common) sheet metal. That way the rig keeps historical appearance but can't be used by its original purpose. Sure the gun is inoperational. Cut in the barrel or so.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Odd question but is the top tank of the radiator cast iron like an old tractor or is it just a sheet metal grill?

image.thumb.png.ad91b441c80ccf281285d616e7156e36.png

If that's cast Iron it would make a great Mack Shop heater! If I could find one 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Wonder what was the reason?

Don't they want for general public to own an armored vehicle?

I would be thinking that is the case Vlad

The world has changed a lot in the last 20 years and idiots are everywhere these days

Terrorist attacks and the like I guess

Funny how the world has changed so much, the Australian government was selling complete Centurion tanks not that long ago

Guessing guns were made in operable, anyway no one cared 

Some people make a good living selling rides on the tanks thru off road courses, took my Dad on one for his birthday 10 years ago 

Paul

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 1:48 AM, mrsmackpaul said:

I would be thinking that is the case Vlad

Some people make a good living selling rides on the tanks thru off road courses, took my Dad on one for his birthday 10 years ago 

Paul

Very interesting info, Paul.

Always cool to learn facts about your country. Many differences to what I used to be living in. But sure the basic things are understandable since the most humans are supposed to think similar ways. Putting aside some doubts on that we may have found from time to time.

That must be cool entertainment riding a tank off-road. I had luck driving big tracked artillery tractor once. Generally in a lap deep mud over a nearly 2 km loupe. But had to attend military education cource in my university. Mostly for that mentioned reason :)

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 4/13/2024 at 12:32 AM, BOBWhite said:

Odd question but is the top tank of the radiator cast iron like an old tractor or is it just a sheet metal grill?

image.thumb.png.ad91b441c80ccf281285d616e7156e36.png

If that's cast Iron it would make a great Mack Shop heater! If I could find one 

I was speaking to my brother today and asked him about the tank

Top tank is cast but the name badge etc screws to a sheet that bolts to the top tank

Dunno if its cast iron or cast aluminium 

We never got that far into talking about it

Paul

• Like 2