happy 3-04 day...

RowdyRebel

Rowdy be sure to look at all available info on these. Too many reviews that l saw were negative, both the machine and dealing with HFT trying to return it. There are a lot of YouTube videos about these and other brands.    .....Hippy

• Like 2

One of our local septic tank cleaners has a small "mini excavator" mounted on the frame on back of his truck behind the tank. Hydraulics from the PTO..

• Like 1

Brocky

2 hours ago, Brocky said:

One of our local septic tank cleaners has a small "mini excavator" mounted on the frame on back of his truck behind the tank. Hydraulics from the PTO..

l'll bet that is a lot easier than using a four foot boom and a two knee dipper.    .....Hippy

Seems like a lot of money for what it is like. Joey said it seems lot cheaper just to rent  one. Then of course, if you’re gonna use it all the time you might want something a little bigger but then I get it. Does it eliminate the trailer issue?

12 minutes ago, RowdyRebel said:

It'd be more of a toy than a tool. I bought my son one of those "big dig" sandbox backhoe toys and then mounted it on an old David Bradley (walk behind tractor) seat-cart frame and made it so he could pull it behind his little pedal tractor. I'd probably just hook this up behind the lawn mower and play. Don't think it'd dig a deep enough hole for anything useful like hiding bodies and it'd be too much work getting on & off to keep moving it around to dig a trench for a foundation.

This video was before I modified the seat cart to hold the backhoe. I had just found some wheels for it and welded up the tongue to hitch it to the tractor.

David Bradley is the tractor that started my collection. of the 50-60  walk behinds I HAD  ' 20 + were bradleys. had an early '46 mint condition. still favored the standard twins/ Vikings. two cyl with hi -lo transmission.  newest unit I had was a '49 standard twin . 

• Like 1