Mp7 Eating injectors

There is a function parameters reset, similar to the learned data reset. I did not run it long enough with the 1st test ecu to see if it threw the same code, But, I just pulled an ecu off of another 2015 truck in the shop, and the miss is still there with that one. 

Sooo.... For whatever reason it runs fine with a 2009 ecu, but not one with the correct year. 

I'm getting ready to put a new engine brake solenoid on it. No idea why that would cause only number 4 to miss, but I'm just about out of ideas. 

14 minutes ago, steeler said:

There is a function parameters reset, similar to the learned data reset. I did not run it long enough with the 1st test ecu to see if it threw the same code, But, I just pulled an ecu off of another 2015 truck in the shop, and the miss is still there with that one. 

Sooo.... For whatever reason it runs fine with a 2009 ecu, but not one with the correct year. 

I'm getting ready to put a new engine brake solenoid on it. No idea why that would cause only number 4 to miss, but I'm just about out of ideas. 

Compression on number 4 would have been bad if the engine brake were the issue did u check the slaves in the rockers when you did cups? I know those were and issue at times But seems kind of unrelated  Maybe though! By what your describing and things you've tried it still sounds software related! How ever sequence of events maybe! Why does it run Instantly  ok with the older ECU! Has to be a software issue! Don't Know ! Just trying to throw out Ideas for you! I'm not a An MP guy How ever Like to see shit get fixed! Keep us posted!

I appreciate you fjh. I'm with you on the software. Just doesn't make any sense. 

I did tear all the rockers apart and checked everything. 

I know this engine brake solenoid is bad, has been bad for awhile. Somebody has unplugged the clutch switch, so it wouldn't throw a fault if they switched the engine brake on. Customer wasn't worried about fixing it, but.... It's getting fixed now lol

FJH, did say something that I have had to fix before..  I had to go behind the first guy, because he didn't use any rubber bands to hold the little plungers up inside the rockers and got a few of them side loaded.  I had to replace the rockers because there was a groove inside the bore from the crooked plunger..

7 hours ago, steeler said:

Glad you got it ! Who would have thought! Mind boggling!Doesnt explain the ecu swap repair though???? Not logical!

why?

(Well guys I guess I'm not as knowledgeable as I thought) You Are knowledgeable You bring lots to the Table here! You also Can provide good fixes and experiences to those of us not as familiar with the MP stuff like myself!  Don't sell yourself Short! Just happy for you you got some satisfaction out of the frustration! I Think we can all identify with the situation ! Guess it comes down to, fix all the known issues before proceeding with your own thoughts! no matter how illogical it may Seem!  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, steeler said:

Well guys I guess I'm not as knowledgeable as I thought. The engine brake solenoid fixed it. No idea why that only bothered cylinder number 4!

I really appreciate the help even if it's only to bounce ideas off of. 

I'm gonna write this one in my notes, not that I'll forget it lol. 

So, I'm thinking that by pulling the rocker off to replace the injector, the oil drained out of everything enough that it ran great for 20 minutes or so, leading me to believe that changing the injector was fixing it, when all I was doing was draining oil from the rockers..... 

and greatly appreciated from this end is the fact you came back to let the BMT forum know the solution ; which not many do. 

• Like 1

Glad it wasn't an ECU/software issue. "Sorry, bum software from 1st ECU got transferred to new ECU, now we have to order another ECU and try something else!" I'd have been off my rocker.