White 3000 With Reo gas V-8

RoadwayR

You know I was just at the dump earlier and was watching all these  trash trucks coming in and out while waiting for my turn to get rid of a bunch of stuff they were auto cars and I was thinking wow it’s amazing thier still using those same cabs  as they were in the late seventy’s my company back then bought a brand new road boss that looked to have the same cab,,,, so I guess it was thanks for that… bob

In 1969 I drove a White 3000 in the city of Syracuse NY for over a year.. Then they replaced it with a Compact.. There was not room enough between the wall under the seat and the clutch pedal to bring my foot up onto the clutch!!! Had to swing it over the brake and back.

Brocky

OK I had to read back to figure this out so another words it was the same cab as the Volvo white was using correct that was the one I drove at 99. I really don’t remember what the petals positions were too long ago. I actually liked it, but as I mentioned, I’m not that tall. … bob

Gotcha, thanks for that  I guess when I heard compact that was thinking about the back of it compactor  probably heard me much and that’s what I broke in on R model compactor… aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh the good old days… and yes, the compact is just about extinct as the 3000 bob

Of course hippie I’m sure we’re all thinking the same thing but the compact wasn’t a bad looking rig especially two days standards. We used to think a GMC 9500 was goofy now they’re all goofy except for the Peterbilt 379 and of course the anthem and vision.