18 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Guessing something from Europe, Scania, Volvo or Benz

Maybe DAF

Paul 

Ok, how about the American trucks, which is the strongest out off all of them

I would think a steel cab would be stronger than a aluminium cab

But I dunno what the U.S. has

We have a lot of European trucks in Australia 

Maybe the Freightliner cab, only suggesting this because they are owned by Daimler Benz or Mack with Volvo ownership 

Paul 

R model mack!!… Everyone knows that!!…

Sorry I really don’t know, but I couldn’t resist. Lol. 
in all seriousness though they are steel cabs and fairly well reinforced. Might rate fair actually?? But i have zero scientific proof. 

I think this depends on what kind of accident you're planning on getting into. Looking at my trucks, I'd say my DM686SX has the best crash rating.  Frame is made of two 3/8th rails, and the front bumper is massively strong, sticks out a couple feet in front of the radiator. This truck is my Zombie Apocalypse go-to. Currently set up with a 5th wheel for yard work, I'd haul a 7,000gallon 2 compartment tanker trailer, one compartment for passengers and the other for either potable water or diesel fuel.  This truck would plow through any road barriers with the bumper it has.

• Like 1

Joe those DM and DMM always look so tough. My old R came from the oil field and still has an “oilfield bumper”. When i put the cab and hood on it and painted it I kept the big front bumper. And i use it for dragging and pushing the truck out of a pickle now and then. Never rammed anything with it… yet… haha

josh 

• Like 1

I don't think anything is as tough as an old mack.  Specificly the DMs,  but I doubt they'd fair well as far as safety goes.  On the other hand,  I've seen more than one International get totalled in accidents that I don't think would have done much but maybe crack the hood on one of my Rs. I watched an international 5600 with a 10 yard box hit a moose head on at about 45 miles per hour.  Missed my truck by about 10 feet.   Smashed the whole cab up pretty good.  Whe I asked her if she was OK,  she said, "yeah,  but what did I hit" 

• Haha 1