F Series Set Back Front Axle

Over on 'Curbsideclassic' the other day a fellow from the Netherlands posted about an F785ST with a set back front axle.  Not that I am a big F series expert, but I have never seen one of those and was thinking it was a special export model.  Evidentially they were a regular production model, but Mack couldn't have made many.  What was the story with them?

https://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog/wordless-outtake-1979-mack-f-785-st-my-truck-is-so-tall-i-need-a-ladder-to-get-into-the-bed/

They were available in Australia 

Different weight law's made these advantages 

European trucks generally have set back front axles, different brands made specials for Australia with the axles set forward for Australian weight laws when the laws were changed

Paul 

Yes, they seem being avalible in Australia and GB. If I'm not wrong Mack had assembly plant in Schotland at a certain time and those FS-models were probably made there. Red truck on the photo has British plates. It was at Mack show in Amsterdam in 2016 where the pic was taken. The wheel is at the left side though.

The other two images are from the net.

MackDag.2016_1340.JPG

frm_1.jpg

frm_6979.jpg

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012