LT serial number.

On 9/16/2023 at 9:45 PM, fjdrill said:

Yep, that's the truck. I drove it loading pumps and tubs on that yard after the sale. Brought it back, water pump went out replaced with rebuilt and never added coolant. Just sat until May of this year. Pushed 10-15' fired right off. He had another truck that was NW of Grayville Sitting on a well pad. Think it was an LJ. No hood and was pretty Rough. Did you see the twin steer that was in an earlier sale on same yard? Think it was a L-something. Had the exhaust thru hood. Cab set on treadplate deck. Think that was the Coolest winch truck I ever saw just needed another winch. Oh, and that was the coldest I have ever been loading out.

the L something with exhaust through the hood may have been an LM =offset cab usually used for HD service (winch etc).

• 2 weeks later...

Got the truck bought. Finally moved it home. The family had taken all the keys out of loader tractors and trucks that were in the way to stop the old fellow from driving them. Could not locate the keys -His brother came with backhoe and loaded. Truck came with a bare L model cab, two extra parts doors, low back air ride seat and 87' Military O/H Cummins 250 fan to clutch. Once got it out of weeds & bushes found it had been lengthened. Must be 16-18' behind cab. Thinking it had a rollback in previous life. Looking for a single axle, Glove box door and headlight mount now. Going to start on cab and drive line after I get the B833 home. Got to get some other jobs finished first. And Brian thanks for the good breakfast! Came to find out Brian had pulled me in to a location with a dozer to lay down and move a rig out of one muddy location.

• Like 2