57B Power Steering Part

I have a 57B with factory power steering. The pump is mounted to the back of the generator. I took the pump off to send the generator out to be rebuilt. The pictures are not that great but I need the rubber isolator in the back of the pump. Any suggestions?? Thanks

KIMG0692.JPG

KIMG0693.JPG

27 minutes ago, Mean Green said:

Dodge couplings may have something we use those for water pumps

Hey!  I work for Dodge!  Make bearings now.  Used to make the couplings.  Not sure if we make anything that is a direct interchange for that style.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

10 hours ago, Mean Green said:

Wow that’s something we have big diesel water pumps and they used the dodge couplings that looked like an inside out tire that has a split in it that cool you work there

I wonder if that is a Paraflex?

image.png.9d3f6e6e4996790ccdeafb81377aaabc.png

Yeah well, we wore one to shreds, but could find no makers mark or part number, so sent to England for a replacement, imagine out chagrin to find it came from Indiana! I guess they were laughing at our expense across the pond, we were when we un packed it. 

All the other buses used a close coupled double  cross type joint (took common U joints) but this one bus came in with that Dodge coupling. I had seen small ones on pumps but never one that big with that much power put though it.

We cut a "wheelbarrow" tire and installed it to get the bus back to the barn under its own power, but needless to say it couldn't handle but the lightest touch on the throttle, Barely idled back to the barn.

All the Dodge stuff used to come from Mishawaka, Indiana.  Now the couplings are in Weaverville, NC.  The roller bearings are here in Marion, NC.  The ball bearings are in Rogersville, TN.  The gearboxes come from Belton or Greenville, SC.

At one time, everything was there is Mishawaka.  They even had the corporate offices and a foundry there.  It was quite a place.