Anyone on here from New Mexico

mrsmackpaul

3 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

Northern New Mexico or Southern? There's a lot of treasures up there in those mountains. I know of some sweet International Transtars up there. 

Northern part, I  think

Not been from that part of the world I really dont know 

But from what I can find out it is northern part 

Paul

Rhasler was from Farmington, N.M. I don't know if he's still on here, he was a moderator but didn't actually get on here and interact a lot. I think someone took offense at him being a moderator because he moved one of their posts to the VIP Lounge and he stayed mainly off the forums after that.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I cannot remember their names right now, But there are two collectors that live close together in Cimarron NM. We visited their facility when we were on our way to the Colorado Springs show in  about 2013??. One had a yellow L model Mack twin screw flatbed. The other had a brother that lived in the Denver area that collected Fords.. 1953 F800 with the Lincoln 317 in it.. Funny how you can remember trucks but not names???? Get out your Colorado Springs Show Time book and the Yellow Mack should be in it..

• Like 2

Brocky

3 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Get out my what ? 

Brocky you lost me about here lol

I'll have to google it I guess

Paul 

Apparently you are NOT an ATHS member.. I do not blame you!! They are an overpriced money hungry outfit, and Foreign postage is outrageous.. But they do publish a picture book each year with with all the trucks at the national show in it, with names and city names.. Let me dig mine out and see if I can find some info for you.

• Like 1

Brocky

Paul, The 2 men from Cimarron New Mexico, which is in the north eastern corner, are:: Al Miller, 1953 Bullnose KW and 1979 KW.. Norman Pick ,1953 Mack LTL with flatbed. and 1955 KW Bullnose!!!  If you are looking to buy a Bullnose KW I am willing to bet it is one of these 2 trucks!!!  The listings in Showtime only show the city name,, No street address or phone number!!!

Edited by Brocky

Brocky

9 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

I've been through Cimarron a hundred times but never thought to stop in and look around the place much. Certainly will be on my list now! 

Bob, Going south on US 64, they are on the left (east) side of the road about a mile or two north of town.. US 64 may be marked east and west, but in that area it is running more north and south.. One of the men with me caught the trucks out of the corner of his eye and I had to turn around and go back..

• Like 1

Brocky

On 7/12/2023 at 3:36 AM, mrsmackpaul said:

might have to change to plan B what ever that is lol

Catch the Kero Kite & go & have Look yourself Mrs...

.A couple of Blokes I know who've Brought in several Old Trucks each. have Told Me It's next to impossible now to bring in Old Trucks. Mainly to do with the EPA & asbestos in the Brake linings & Clutch Plates. From what I can Gather they're a Law unto themselves..

Best do some homework before parting with some hard earned Coin..

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -