07 CTP713 granite Mack

I was hoping MackPro would see this..  He always has the specs. and knowledge..  I suggest you pay attention to him..  I can help, but not as thorough as he can..  jojo

3 minutes ago, worellana88 said:

Jojo you doing good as well sir. I appreciate all the help. I got on here about 2 years ago and you were in most of the topics. Good sign. 

jo jo is jut a post hoe that stayed at holiday in express last night............ he really aint that smart. 

Tag JoJo, you are it!!  :blah:

• Haha 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

4 hours ago, worellana88 said:

Thanks Mackpro so I’ll take the covers off of the panel there at the pedals shake those wires and check on the firewall plugs too. I replaced ECM and Ignition relay today beside clutch pedal. Cut off 2times all day today and sputter one time like it was gonna cut off. Hours were 12111 when it cut off when I cranked it back up it was at 12107🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ll try to get a pic of the problem connector. It’s under the hood around the foot valve area . 

The fuse box down by the clutch pedal is know to get water in it . Do much so that they had a major recall on several thousand units from 2008 to around 2012. Sadly the CTP and CXP were not part of this recall even though the design was basically the same as the CXU,CHU and GU trucks. However the CTP/CXP fuse panel has a different part number than the 2008 and up trucks. Pull a couple of the bottom relays and if there is white crusty residue on the pins then water has been in the fuse panel and possibly needs the be replaced 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mackpro said:

The fuse box down by the clutch pedal is know to get water in it . Do much so that they had a major recall on several thousand units from 2008 to around 2012. Sadly the CTP and CXP were not part of this recall even though the design was basically the same as the CXU,CHU and GU trucks. However the CTP/CXP fuse panel has a different part number than the 2008 and up trucks. Pull a couple of the bottom relays and if there is white crusty residue on the pins then water has been in the fuse panel and possibly needs the be replaced 

Yup that always baffled me! all the designs were the same for almost all but, the few got the fix! and a bandaid  Boot ! Hummmmm! same old same old!

Mackpro I took off all those cover moved cables on fuse box and cables above brake pedal look at the relays as well . They didn’t appear to be wet or been wet in the past. I’m thinking computer , do they normally last more than 12000 hours because if I remember right not long after I purchased the truck it was replaced . And I believe it had about that many hours🤷🏻‍♂️

It loses hours everytime it cuts off🤷🏻‍♂️ that’s what makes me think that. I appreciate all the help Jojo and Mackpro! So if it is ECM where can I get one to avoid dealership bill🤣 long shot but I’m sure y’all understand 

I even found my harness I made up to test it. What I have found is the rubber insulation grommets that the ecm bolts go through seem to shrink over time and this causes the ecm to vibrate/shake and causes the ecm to fail. 

image.jpg

Edited by Mackpro

On 5/22/2023 at 7:03 AM, Joey Mack said:

Now,,  That right there is a Priceless Lesson...  MackPro, always lives up to his name...

Yup it don't get better than this! Mack school on line! 

• Like 1
  • Like 1