2002 CH613 E7 460 Injectors

the turbo part has me confused..  it is a 2002 CH..  E-Tech..  doesnt the air compressor get its intake air from the air cleaner duct, after the filter?  or do you have a pipe coming off the back of the rear intake manifold going behind the block?  I also dont remember a turbo cut off,  do you mean a waste gate?  this turbo is just a basic turbo.  Probably a schwitzer S400 SO41 ,  but I havent seen then all. ..  I may have lost track of the current issue..   this thread was about the EUP and cam shaft in the begining..    Im going back to the begining to read it again..  jojo

I see the dryer is painted light blue..  that is a re-man unit, from Bendix probably bought at a MackVo Dealer..  how old is it?  it looks newish..  any warranty left on it? 

15 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

Change the purge valve and check for air leaks between the governor and dryer 

I prefer the AD-4 but admit is is harder to service. Also it requires an external turbo cut off if the compressor inlet is hooked to turbo'd intake manifold. Can't field replace the heater element, but not ever found one that was failed.

AD-2 still has a place, it will fit where most will not, and you can easily add as much purge volume as you want, something you can not with most driers.

I have had at least 2 AD-9 bases where the cartridge thread in the base stripped out, making the base junk.

With two air-start trucks, I really wanted to be sure there was no moisture in the system.

I tried one of the "spin-on filter" driers, (only one) and found them lacking, esp when they need external purge volume.

In my book the AD-9 is a easier to service (heater, purge valve) but less durable version of the AD-4.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Onyx, isnt that the one with the fat spin-on filter??  Or is it the one with the bolt up through the bottom that is removed for a filter replacement??  I too like the one with the spin-on filter,,, but my favorite is always the AD-9..   

P.S....  It's good to see you back on board..  Jojo

• Like 1
  • Like 1

It’s the one with the big cartridge bolt in the center. Turn the cartridge until the shoulders on the cartridge lock up on the end cover. It can be a pain if you have a bunch of air lines in the way of the bolt. Otherwise not too bad. AD-9 would be my second favorite. 

PS….thanks!

• Like 1