07 AI400 missfire

You need to pull it and check it and a pop test if there is nothing obvious.. if you wash a cylinder,  your done..... That will have to be repaired, and a lot goes in to doing only 1 cylinder.. 

Are you doing all the work? Or do you have a local shop?  I have been out of Maine for 17 years, and don't know who fixes Macks anymore..  

I'm doing the work myself, I usually do everything but this one is challenging me. There's just O'Connors in Portland but from what I understand the don't do much with the old mack engines like mine anymore. I don't know anyone local that works on them.

No shit!!  I started at Maine Mack there on Warren Ave. In 2000.. I was there when Dick O'Connor bought them..  there was 36 of us... Whenever the change happened they kept about 12.. me included.  I left there in early 2006..  Too funny..  Jojo

I wish you were still working there!!

I just pulled the nozzle, visual looked ok, swapped it with #5 and the problem moved to #5 so I guess I got a bad nozzle, thought I'd get more than 40 miles out of it.

• Like 1

You say they don't work on older Mack engines at OConnors.. when I was there, (before I Connors). we had a rebuild room, and in the parking lot was a separate building, it was a pump shop..  my how things have changed.. your Mack is not OLD to me, but today, I guess it is ancient...

It's not old to me either, newest truck I've ever owned, I bought because I wanted the newest truck I could get with a true Mack engine. 

They work on them but last time I was there they only had one guy that knew anything at all about the grey engines. I think the pump shop your talking about was converted to the Hino sales office unfortunately. 

It is the sales office..  is the spring shop still across the street? I also wonder if anyone I worked with is still at Mack..  Specifically Earl Harnden...

Cool.. they made springs for my Toyota truck that I still have for 22 years now..  Earl was about 65 years old back then...  I hope he is still alive.  I really Hope his Legacy is still alive...  He took me under his wing after a year of hating me, and he instilled a work ethic in me on how to fix Mack's, and build the engines..   Every time I build a Mack engine....  He is with me...  ''What would Earl have me do?''...   Jojo

On 5/11/2023 at 8:47 AM, Joey Mack said:

You say they don't work on older Mack engines at OConnors.. when I was there, (before I Connors). we had a rebuild room, and in the parking lot was a separate building, it was a pump shop..  my how things have changed.. your Mack is not OLD to me, but today, I guess it is ancient...

The omaha mack dealer had its own pump rebuild shop years ago, but no more.   terry:MackLogo: