Finally got to go for drive

2 hours ago, 67RModel said:

Have you sent into the Mack Museum yet to get all the build information and data for it yet? The big packet of information they will send you is neat to have. It will tell you all the specs on how it was ordered, who ordered it, etc. They will provide all the serial numbers of the main components so you can tell if its a "numbers matching" truck. Not that any of that really matters but its just neat to know the history of the truck. Beast part is the information is basically free. They ask for a small donation but its not required.

I have not yet sent any info to Mack museum. I haven’t searched to hard but wasn’t able to easily find the vin number on the frame. It’s definitely on the list of things to do. I’m working on getting a the back story of the truck also. I’m not 100% sure but I think I’m only the third owner.

2 hours ago, Robo987 said:

I have not yet sent any info to Mack museum. I haven’t searched to hard but wasn’t able to easily find the vin number on the frame. It’s definitely on the list of things to do. I’m working on getting a the back story of the truck also. I’m not 100% sure but I think I’m only the third owner.

Look right in here...

image.thumb.png.7c3c1073b28de350bd9f5a439ba29596.png

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

5 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Look right in here...

image.thumb.png.7c3c1073b28de350bd9f5a439ba29596.png

Thanks! I’ll check there this weekend. Finding that number is on my to do list this weekend along with cleaning up the interior of the cab.

21 hours ago, Robo987 said:

This is the shift plate. I believe the transmission is a TRD(L) 722(0) it has two sticks and a third one to engage the pto in forward or reverse. I’ll look for some engine numbers this weekend but in another thread I asked about the vin number because on the title the vin number says ENDT673C. According to what I’ve been told is that they didn’t really do the vin thing back in 69 and using the engine code was something they did. 

748D3224-1C19-45B0-B425-91FB655C6AA0.jpeg

in '69 the  truck vin number didn't spec the engine totally. ENDT673C shouldn't have been part of a vin. may have been on a bill of sale/ title; don't remember eng model on truck vin. the engine would determine the model number on registration such as a R-685==maxi  or R611==thermodyne.  in the picture posted not seeing a turbo. looks Natural aspirated. why does vin say ENDT673C?

6 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

did you replace all 8 air bags?  Ive done a few of them... its a JOB !!  Hats off to Brandy..  

not today there was a change over on rear hanger for bag mounts. owner tried to explain to counter "person". negative response= my computer says all the same:  no they aren't.  front drive done; pulled one rear for photo session . "oh , we have those in stock  dealer says. working outside with rain clouds approaching and a dropped loaded trailer resting gently on 5th wheel. almost 72 and 50 plus yrs later !! why am I doing this. Tony"owner"a real good guy trying to help him. my bill to him $00.00

other bags here monday. tony needs truck for Sunday . put it back together.only4 bag set up 

• Like 1

Oh, sorry about that. I worded that wrong. I was talking about the oil filter. I guess I shouldn’t have said oil bath I am frustrated. I just blew out a tire 60 miles out drive tire recap they just put them on about three weeks ago.

11 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

in '69 the  truck vin number didn't spec the engine totally. ENDT673C shouldn't have been part of a vin. may have been on a bill of sale/ title; don't remember eng model on truck vin. the engine would determine the model number on registration such as a R-685==maxi  or R611==thermodyne.  in the picture posted not seeing a turbo. looks Natural aspirated. why does vin say ENDT673C?

611 would be a T673. May or may not be a C. 615 would be the V8. 607 and 609 would have come with NA 6-cylinders. One was the 672 cu in and the other was the 707. Can’t remember which is which, but it’s in the brochures I attach earlier.  Hopefully he can find vin number and engine id number. 

• Like 1

Somewhere on here there is a definitive list of all the various model numbers and the associated engines. It was put together by some of the old timers who had lots more info. I’ll try to find sometime and put the link here. It’s on here but it’s hard to find from the phone. Easier on my computer!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

So the engine is definitely an endt673c it has a turbo but no cooler. On the title the vin number is the engine code although that is not the actual vin number. I just retitled the truck in my name and they did not even question it. I was told that back then they didn’t care to much about vin numbers and would put engine codes instead of the actual vin. I even have the original purchase paperwork and the engine number is also listed as the vin. Doesn’t make sense why they would do that but it is what it is. I’ll post some pics of the engine and the number tomorrow.

15 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

correction  better look see a turbo . sorry long day changing air bags outside on a kw. with two tall shots of Polish brandy after.

I just got done replacing all 6 air bags, all 6 shocks all slack adjusters and s cams on a low boy trailer. It was a long project. Things either wouldn’t come apart or wouldn’t go back together. But I finally won lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Somewhere on here there is a definitive list of all the various model numbers and the associated engines. It was put together by some of the old timers who had lots more info. I’ll try to find sometime and put the link here. It’s on here but it’s hard to find from the phone. Easier on my computer!

I’ve seen it on here  before but I couldn’t tell you where.

2 hours ago, Robo987 said:

So the engine is definitely an endt673c it has a turbo but no cooler. On the title the vin number is the engine code although that is not the actual vin number. I just retitled the truck in my name and they did not even question it. I was told that back then they didn’t care to much about vin numbers and would put engine codes instead of the actual vin. I even have the original purchase paperwork and the engine number is also listed as the vin. Doesn’t make sense why they would do that but it is what it is. I’ll post some pics of the engine and the number tomorrow.

As long as you got it titled, all is well. I liked the C a great deal. It had the extra head studs like the 237, IIRC. 

Keep us informed…with pictures!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

611 would be a T673. May or may not be a C. 615 would be the V8. 607 and 609 would have come with NA 6-cylinders. One was the 672 cu in and the other was the 707. Can’t remember which is which, but it’s in the brochures I attach earlier.  Hopefully he can find vin number and engine id number. 

reading these numbers, think I quoted ole #1 R model Mack wrong. not a R609T  it is a R607 T  =1001 with a 672 cu in. /twin stick duplex 10 speed.