Software

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Vmac3 said:

Here is the link where you can browse for software and hardware. Prices went up since last year. PTT is a very frustrating software to use, it freezes, often slow and very unpredictable. But does everything that you need. 

https://premiumtechtool.com/

Very true, and that’s if you can log in! If you do get it make sure you log in once a month regardless if you need to. If they don’t see activity for a certain amount of time they will lock you out. Then you have to call them and have them reset with new password. That’s a real treat….Not sure why they care they got their money. 

• Like 2

If you get it and need help a lot of us can help you. There’s def a learning curve, you need to just mess around with it for a while. Also if you change any parameters central systems knows and documents it. I’ve heard stories of guys changing things like oil temp warning  and things like that. Then smoke an engine and try to get it warrantied. Then get told nope.  

Edited by Onyx610
  • Like 1

Went to my buddies shop tonight and he just got the bootleg version of Tech Tool from somewhere on the Internet. Using his Nexiq USB link-2 adapter we could connect to the truck but that was it , couldn’t get past the first screen. I had my Mack VOCOM adapter and used it and could connect and  read codes and regen but very very limited. He mainly wanted it to calibrate clutches in Mdrive and Ishift trans after doing clutch jobs. It does do that though if you have the Vcom adapter. He tried to call the guy he bought it from but the guy doesn’t speak English so he has to communicate through email .  It’s not looking good . 

• Haha 1

yup! It’s exactly what the dealer has, can’t get anything better. Also with customer portal there is a shitload of online classes you can take. I haven’t done many but it’s on my list. I believe you have to complete so many before you can go to any of their classes at their school. Which is another thing I’d like do. 

The Mack dealers here in Ontario used Jpro every time I go for an engine light and check in they hook jpro to it. I’ve been pondering buying diagnostic lap top im more con vinced to buy Jpro or Jaltest they do all makes and models even says it does all the specific tests for Mack & volvo

When I worked at the dealership. Corporate wanted us to use Jpro for the initial code reading to determine if it was a possible quick fix or a more involved repair ( low coolant sensor vs a complex SCR issue). Jpro was way much faster than Tech Tool to connect  and read codes, a lot faster. I did like the regen/after treatment screen on the JPro. On the Jpro we had, You could read and clear codes, view sensor readings and do regens but that was it. Now where I work we have Jpro but never use it. We go straight to Tech Tool because nothing is usually a easy fix anymore. 

• Like 1