A must need tool on the MP engines

One of my most used tools on the MP engines. Part number 9998288 from Mack/Volvo. Goes on the inlet side of the aftercooler and pressurizes the after cooler. Intake manifold and EGR piping and cooler. Cost about $75. It comes with a metric quick connector but we remove it and tap it to 1/4” pipe threads and add a gate valve and sometimes pressure regulator and hook it up to shop air. 

F5C1F502-995A-4ED8-A5AA-5199FD6421CD.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, Mackpro said:

The turbo gauge part number is only for MP7 and 8 and the Volvo D11 and13 . The MP10 and D16 use a different gauge. 

Ok cool, I won’t have to worry about running into a 10 or 16. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

What we working on today? Intake manifold?

Yes , bolts broke on the #2 cylinder position top and  bottom. Usually they come out easy but I had to drill and re-tap the threads. Same truck that has the turbo not reaching full stroke. Lots of issues. Finally get it together and try a regen and it failed. No air pressure to the AHI . Found the air drier filter was the original from 2012! Air pressure regulator to AHi stuck. Hopefully the AHI can be saved . I’ve seen some YouTube videos of taking the AHI apart and cleaning it as 90% of the failures are dirty air supply. 

Ahh the old air dryer strikes again, I have seen that too. I’m not sure on the success rate on doing that. Worth a try…nothing to lose at that point. It’s amazing the truck was still even building air with such a saturated cartridge.