Mack Titan Renault deep reduction diff info, or lack there of

G'day

I'm checking out a 2003 Titan with hub reduction Renault diffs, problem is, I cant find anything on google, not a scrap of info, regarding these diffs.  I can find a couple other similar trucks for sale with the same diffs but that's about it.  At this stage I have no part numbers until I go see the unit.

Has anyone got an opinion, any technical info, a manual or even a brochure on these?   

Cheers, Laurie.

I looked at all the Titans here in the states and they use the Mack 202/203 series and the 95/96 series carriers or the Meritor RP/RD/RR 23164 carriers . I looked at the hub variations too and  nothing wild and crazy. I know things down under vary  greatly than here. Is is possible to get a VIN number or whatever ID number used there? I can look into it specifically that way. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mackpro said:

I looked at all the Titans here in the states and they use the Mack 202/203 series and the 95/96 series carriers or the Meritor RP/RD/RR 23164 carriers . I looked at the hub variations too and  nothing wild and crazy. I know things down under vary  greatly than here. Is is possible to get a VIN number or whatever ID number used there? I can look into it specifically that way. 

Yup we used to order the V8 cam and turbo for the 650 horse useing this method good call MP If its possible thru the dumbass parts system they are using!

There was a Titan at the local dealership here years back. It had planetaries . I remember it had aluminum 9 inch wheels and 315s ( some special wheels ) I remember the end was planetary but not like the giant ones I'd seen in Canada that had way bigger ends.  That particular truck also had an Allison with a 4 way behind it.  Used for moving windmill blades. 

I went out and had a look but she was let go a bit too far for the cons to outweigh the pros.  

Thanks Hayseed, there what we thought too!

The diffs were 5.23:1 Renault pmr2345's. 80km/ph at 1800rpm,  top speed of 85km/h, unless I missed top, which I really looked hard for...  I was in it but it didn't feel like it, put that down the the diffs.

• Like 1