CH613 Running lights and dash lights don't work

• 2 weeks later...

Im guessing its a 2002 CH?  The headlight wire harness runs along the left side of the engine block, behind the oil filters.  There are a few points where it is held by 'P' clamps..  they will wear through the wires,  and short out the lights.  also,, attached to the left side steering box upper mount bolt, , is a clamp that holds the hood wire harness...   2 square,,  4 pin plugs..  Issues can happen there..  then there is the wires going into the rear of the headlight buckets, if there is poor conditions there, the wires can be cut by the fiber glass..  jojo

you know,,,, another issue that plagues dash lights in these model's, is the dimmer switch...  you can turn the lights on, and with the side of your finger, work the dimmer switch knob back and forth as fast as you can..  this has actually cleaned the contacts inside the knob assembly..  jojo

• Like 1

I will check the headlights work fine it I have no dash or running lights cab lights marker or tail lights I read there’s a pressure switch that can cause this problem but the headlights still work at a loss here I will chase the harness this weekend 

Thanks John

After you checked what has been suggested, there is a harness on the driver side that goes up the A-pillar to supply power to the clearance lights. remove the side carpeting to access the harness. Sometimes that harness connector corrodes and sometimes shorts out the clearance lights which will also make the dash lights stop working.

V

• Like 1

• 2 months later...