Rochester VMACII E7 Injectors

kevgibbs

I'm considering purchasing the stage 2 injectors from rochester diesel for my VMACII E7-400. Has anyone ran these injectors before? Was there a difference in the performance of the engine? I'm running a blixxton module on it at the moment and I'm looking to up the power some more if I can. 

On 11/30/2022 at 4:20 PM, kevgibbs said:

I'm considering purchasing the stage 2 injectors from rochester diesel for my VMACII E7-400. Has anyone ran these injectors before? Was there a difference in the performance of the engine? I'm running a blixxton module on it at the moment and I'm looking to up the power some more if I can. 

The stage 2 injectors will make a way bigger difference than the blixxton did and really roll out the coal if you mash it between gears 

Yeah we run the stage 2 on a full mechanical. Before we converted it to full mechanical we had the blixxton and those injectors. You'll also need a pyro and a bigger turbo. Your egt's will climb sky high with the stock turbo. 

What year is it and do you know what compression pistons? They had 16.9 16.5 15.7 and 15.3 

Our 93 350 had 16.9:1 from the factory. 591 crown is 16.9:1 some books aren't right with the specs. Our 93 tune up book said 16.5s but when we rebuilt it the pistons were 16.9 and we put 15.3:1 in it 

Also when plugging in the pro link scanner it said it was a 400hp but the valve cover said 350.

A word of advice, don't lug it below 1350-1400 if you want it to last. It will pull hard down to 1200 like a maxidyne but you'll be putting way more stress on the bottom end with that much power. 

And performance wise we were running with this company with 550 cats and they couldn't pull away from us running the same weights. The 500 isx's we walked away from and another guy had a 500 60 series that was just pathetic Lol. Dusted him like he wasn't even there. They had a few cats that were tuned, they were the only ones that could pull away from us but not by much 

Edited by brettj3876

On 12/2/2022 at 6:38 PM, brettj3876 said:

The stage 2 injectors will make a way bigger difference than the blixxton did and really roll out the coal if you mash it between gears 

Yeah we run the stage 2 on a full mechanical. Before we converted it to full mechanical we had the blixxton and those injectors. You'll also need a pyro and a bigger turbo. Your egt's will climb sky high with the stock turbo. 

What year is it and do you know what compression pistons? They had 16.9 16.5 15.7 and 15.3 

Our 93 350 had 16.9:1 from the factory. 591 crown is 16.9:1 some books aren't right with the specs. Our 93 tune up book said 16.5s but when we rebuilt it the pistons were 16.9 and we put 15.3:1 in it 

Also when plugging in the pro link scanner it said it was a 400hp but the valve cover said 350.

A word of advice, don't lug it below 1350-1400 if you want it to last. It will pull hard down to 1200 like a maxidyne but you'll be putting way more stress on the bottom end with that much power. 

And performance wise we were running with this company with 550 cats and they couldn't pull away from us running the same weights. The 500 isx's we walked away from and another guy had a 500 60 series that was just pathetic Lol. Dusted him like he wasn't even there. They had a few cats that were tuned, they were the only ones that could pull away from us but not by much 

Mine is a 1997 Model truck. The book that I have is from 1995 and it says that the VMACII E7-400 has the 15.3:1 pistons in it. As far as I know this engine has never been opened up and it has about 800,000 miles on it.

I'm undecided if I want to go ahead and tune it up or if I want to pull the engine down and tune it with fresh components. 

On a side note, how big of a job is to to convert one to full mechanical? I have a factory full mechanical truck along with this VMACII truck and it doesn't appear to me that it would be all that difficult to switch the other to full mechanical. 

I think mechanically you need different injector lines and an oil plug in the block. Maybe there is some other small things too. Electrically they are very different if you look at the wiring diagrams for both. All the gauges and warning lights/buzzers operate through the VMAC module and extra sensors I think. So while the engine will run since its mechanical only, your dash might be doing all types of funny stuff. I'm not 100% certain on this but this is how I understand it.