2070A trouble

Hick

Question

I got a 92 mack with 2070A trans. I have lost ALL gears, the pto still works was able to dump load at quarry after being loaded. No previous problems at all. I can push shifter into all gears WITHOUT clutch pedal being pushed down, and you can hear the gears slow down before shifter goes into gear. When I do let clutch out you can hear it engage and lug engine for split second. Absolutely no noise chatter or nothing. I backed up to pile to get loaded and that was it would not move. Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

gotta be careful of what I say these day's...  :)  jojo

only among friends that will use what you say later, and at the most embarrassing time for you!!!  😁

• Haha 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

2 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I bet,,   Hell, just hearing it shift gears and look up to see tail lights comin at you instead of headlights...  It is one of my favorite tranny's...  I mean transmission's..   gotta becareful of what I say these day's...  :)  jojo

138536_2.jpeg

• Haha 2

be a lot worse than being in the grocery store when loud speaker says " clean up isle 5".  might be someone "speed shifting" at high speed would find the episode humorous and laugh not fill their shorts; unless they owned it and were trying for that extra trip.

10 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

be a lot worse than being in the grocery store when loud speaker says " clean up isle 5".  might be someone "speed shifting" at high speed would find the episode humorous and laugh not fill their shorts; unless they owned it and were trying for that extra trip.

10 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

now that would make a noise 😁

10 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

no doubt !!!!!  and fill your britches too..   

from what i was told be the guy behind him, the loaded 70,000 lbs tandem actually jumped almost 12 inches off the ground when the trans went into 2 gears. 

the driver was not the brightest lightbulb in the package and could not figure out why the truck was not driving anymore. 

that was his third truck demo derby in one year. 
it took me close to 45 minutes to get it on the lowboy and off the road.  had to get a 966 cat loader to push it up on the trailer. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Not really, Mark....   It is a simple 5 spd. Mack with a simple back box.....  The shift cover in the 2070 is removeable without taking the tranny apart..  The 107's had shift rails that went through the whole case, and repairing them was an effort..  Although I dont care for the 2070,  It still is a very strong tranny, and easier to repair, before actually have to pull the tranny....   jojo