Pictures of the Week

other dog

20 hours ago, Brocky said:

That many years and you still have not learned to tuck your shirt tail in????????  My grand mother would stripe yo legs!!!

Sorry Grand Ma, I was trying to duplicate the original picture as exact as possible. It was hard to do. I was talking to Jim Moore and he said it wasn't even me in the first picture, because that guy had dark hair, and plenty of it. And that old dude with the gray hair, what's left of it, looks like he's trying to smuggle a basketball in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

21 hours ago, tjc transport said:

the willys pickup is nice, but i have always been partial to the original dodge power wagon. 

ya i like those also there was one in lake tahoe a while back,just sitting in front of someones business.....i havent been in the area,in years,not sure if its still there.it was pretty clean,and yes,they are very rare....id settle for any CJ4 or CJ5....my pop hadda CJ4 in the middle 60s,great memories ...that thing was a blast especially for a 10 year old kid ...bob

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

ya i like those also there was one in lake tahoe a while back,just sitting in front of someones business.....i havent been in the area,in years,not sure if its still there.it was pretty clean,and yes,they are very rare....id settle for any CJ4 or CJ5....my pop hadda CJ4 in the middle 60s,great memories ...that thing was a blast especially for a 10 year old kid ...bob

back in 75 our little volunteer fire department was given a decommissioned 1959 tandem power wagon by the state forestry service when they got new trucks. 

flathead 6, 4 speed trans, and military tires all around. we built a roll cage, and mounted a 500 gallon tank with 10 hp pump, and a hose real in the bed.

that truck would go anywhere i pointed it, just not fast. if i remember correctly it had a top speed of 45 mph. and low speed of under 1/2 mph we kept it in the firehouse just up the hill from the 800 acre swamp that was also connected to the state park on one side, and an old garbage dump from the 30's through 50's.

we used it for 20 years before finally retiring it in 1995.

one of the local farmers bought it and is still using it as a spray rig for his apple and peach orchards. 

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I'm working on the truck show pictures, I'll post a link when I'm finished and put them on Flickr, or wherever it is I put my pictures. I heard somebody mention Photobucket the other day, I used to have pictures there. I guess I still do, if it's still a thing, but I don't know what my password is. I have to pay for Flickr now anyway, so that's why I use that. Seems to be OK though.

I'm in Lynchburg now, at Ortho Va. waiting in the car with the dogs. I brought Zina from Gladys up here for her follow-up appointment. She had an MRI here last week because she tripped over a dog and fell and hurt her back.

PXL_20220926_130709602.thumb.jpg.8cb7497f23dce051f6e0dc0fc0f3d7bd.jpg

I'll get back to pictures when I get home. I need to cut a tree down, move a section of fence, and strain the wine too.