79 dm 685sx tires or hubs

Hi. I have a 79 dm685sx with 11.00x24 tube type tires. I'm looking for tires but they're obsolete and I haven't found good used ones. If anyone knows of some I may be interested. I would also consider changing the hubs but I'm not sure where to start. Rear axles are  crd112. I  have a call in at mack but didn't hear back yet. If anyone has info on this subject I would like to hear from them.  Thanks 

I could be wrong but I don't think you need to change the hubs. You just need to get rims for tubeless/radial tires. There have been a lot of forum threads on this subject over the years. I have a set of 8 brand new 12.00x24 deep lug tires I need to get rid of and would sell......Pittsburgh, PA area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 67RModel said:

I could be wrong but I don't think you need to change the hubs. You just need to get rims for tubeless/radial tires. There have been a lot of forum threads on this subject over the years. I have a set of 8 brand new 12.00x24 deep lug tires I need to get rid of and would sell......Pittsburgh, PA area.

I'm no expert on the subject but from what I can tell my hubs are 2 inches bigger than 11rx24.5 rims. How old are your tires and how much are you asking?

On 8/31/2022 at 12:33 PM, Tj87 said:

I'm no expert on the subject but from what I can tell my hubs are 2 inches bigger than 11rx24.5 rims. How old are your tires and how much are you asking?

You're right...your hubs are 24" in diameter, 24.5" tubeless are 22" diameter. The tires are 24.5" inner diameter but they have a flange on the rim that reduces them to 22" hubs.

On 9/3/2022 at 9:23 PM, h67st said:

You're right...your hubs are 24" in diameter, 24.5" tubeless are 22" diameter. The tires are 24.5" inner diameter but they have a flange on the rim that reduces them to 22" hubs.

K. So technically I could weld the lock ring and and make the rim airtight and mount 11rx24.5 tubeless tires on?🤔🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Mark T said:

That's not gonna work.  There was an add at Joseph Equipment in Manchester NH a while back. They seemed to have 24" tires for sale. 24 inch is sorta all by itself. 

K. Figured it's a lousy idea. I've never seen one taken apart 

1 hour ago, Red Horse said:

I bought 4 new Summitomos  11R 24 a year ago.  guy that I deal with had no trouble getting them.  I'm in Mass.

Makes sense.  Up until a couple months ago you could still get them. I was a little hesitant about spending an arm and a leg for 10 tires for a truck that mostly sits in the woods. If all goes well 67rmodel will get me fixed up. Thanks for the help everyone