fuel still in oil,

it caps the line bored fuel return gallery.   who knows,  mabey they were going to make a straight 8 and thought they could add 2 cyl's to it... :)  next time you pull and EUP.. look in the bore. you will see 4 holes. 2 on each side, over and under.  those are the fuel galleries... jojo

• Thanks 1

no no no... its a plug...  a human put it in wrong...   next time you pull a front cover, remove it, clean it, dope it and put it back in,,,, 'tight'..  that's all....  :) 

• Like 1

The plug is there just to cap off the hole that was created when they drilled for the fuel gallery. Like jojo said, if it were put in correctly the first time, which most are, you'd never have a leak there. I've just gotten in the habit of resealing them whenever I have the front cover off. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

WELL guys sorry to take so long to get back, but every thing is back together, and back on the road, every bodies help was priceless,thank you all !  THe problem all along was # 4 EUP pin broke allowing fallower to turn destroying fallower and eup  along with cam, my magnets worked well. replaced cam,all eup fallowers and all valve  fallowers and #4 EUP.. and rolled in a set of main And rod bearing just for fun. run well now seems to run quieter and smoother,OIL pressure seems a bit lower,dont no why ? THANK again  Randy Rurey

did you replace the oil pump? if so, was it a PAI pump..  I just used 2 of them in a row,  and low idle, fully warmed up, the pressure is around 30-32 PSI..  I have had 35 plus with Mack pumps.  However, going down the road the PAI pumps make 50+.. jojo