2000 mack RD688 trailer brake question

Ricky Beals

I have the Mack truck in subject line. It only has a tractor brake inside cab. I purchased a 30,000 lb dozer and I was wondering if I could add trailer air brakes and tow this dozer. Would need a tag trailer rated for 40,000 lbs. Before I even waste time thinking about it was going ask some of you more knowledgeable guys if this was even a possibility.  

I just did about the Samething as you 

I purchased a excavator 

but I got my gladhand kit from anything trucks 

haven't Installed it yet but seem to be everything I need 

bunch of good videos on YouTube

I just need to figure out the trailer wiring now before the gladhands 

20220428_192526.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ricky..  Do you have a red and yellow park brake buttons?  if yu only have the yellow, you need a tractor protection valve for the truck. and maybe a new anti compounding valve in conjunction with the R-12 valves, in the frame..  There are a few way's to do it.. ... just curious... jojo

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ok.. I was hoping it was already plumbed and you were making it new..  I havent done enough of them to describe the procedure without the instructions or air line diagram.. I'm sorry, Ricky..

• 2 weeks later...

So we are welding a 3/4” plate on back for pintle hitch. I have the gladhands that have a spring on them that seal themselves off when not hooked up. The gladhands have a female thread coming out of the back of them. What do people use to run through the 3/4” plate that will attach to gladhand and airlines but also go thru the 3/4”  Here is a photo of gladhands for illustration 

D36B1E2A-8DA9-4543-9ECF-1ED4AD7A8339.png

Edited by Ricky Beals