Luberfiner 750 filter service

The only oil filter on my G-75 is the Luberfiner 750 mounted horizontally under the Battery Box. I'm getting ready to change the oil and filter soon, but question how to prelube the filter?  Mounted vertically you can at least fill it to the cover level and bleed the air out the fitting on the top of the cover when you start it. However, having it mounted horizontally there is no way to prefill it with oil or bleed it. Who has serviced one mounted this way and how is it done?

That will be a full flow filter instead of a 750 being it is a G75 means it a mack engine.A photo of it would tell us more but it should have two big oil lines and one small line to it right?If it does the element is a 236GB311A.On engines older than that they did use a 500 luberfinner and no full flow but the pan had a big inspection cover in the bottom of the pan and you should remove it and clean a screen inside of it.Itwill bleed its self like 750 but takes a few.

• Like 1

glenn akers

I never had to change the o ring on my filter set up....if yours is a full flow like mine.  Like Glenn mentioned a picture would clarify.  It would have two large lines going to housing on side of block and a small hose that drains back to the bottom of the block just above the pan rail.

I used to fill mine up and then cap it and start it.  There was a drain back valve in the feed line that kept it near full after shut down.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

12 hours ago, D2Denny said:

I was wrong on the filter it's a WGB Oil Cleaner   model WB 2.  There are only 2 lines (an in and out) plus a drain plug in the bottom and a 1/4" pipe plug in the cover. It call's for a  S-11B-C  filter element. Wonder if it crosses to Glenn's filter #? Also good tip from Glenn to remover the circular cover in the pan and clean the screen. Before I do that, does the cover use a regular gasket, one I can make from gasket material?   I don't believe the oil has been changed or the engine touched in 30 years. Don't want to get it apart and not be able to seal it up again,

The cover calls for a gasket but I've used form-a-gasket before to seal it up, no problem.

Now you guys confuse the hell out of me. I ordered a Wix51233 which is the same as the 236GB311A and Baldwin P706-m that TOPO said.  Now this is not the correct filter?  I have a Baldwin C750-e (regular 750 element) also. I'll just have to see what is inside when I finally take it apart. 

It resembles my old set up.  Just a thick o-ring for sealing the two halves.  Should be okay to reuse, I never replaced mine.

I heard there were two version, 3 hoses and 2 hoses.  Full flow and bypass.  Mine had 3 hoses.  Not sure if filter element is different or same between them.  Maybe yours will have part number stamped it it?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Larry

One thing I do know for sure is that the O-ring is the same between the Luberfiner 750 bypass filter canister and the Mack dual element filter canister. Had my old school NAPA store confirm this with their catalogs. The O-ring NAPA part # is   FIL 5114. 
Cost $10.00. They got it in one day from the warehouse.

The filter housing on the table uses the Baldwin filter # P-706-m 

The filter on the engine uses the two filter one on top of the other  ( Baldwin P194 ) there is a hydraulic filter (P194 HD ) 

both housings have one inch ports in and out .

IMG_1405.JPG

IMG_1403.JPG

IMG_1402.JPG