weird clutch problem

I said it before and I'll say it again...

The amount of knowledge a handful of guys on here have among them is freakin' amazing.  Mechohaulic, Macktech, Jo-Jo, Glenn, and Onyx just to name a few.  There are several others, too.  Didn't leave anybody out on purpose.

There's not much that gets by those guys.

• Like 2

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Vmac!  Definitely did not mean to slight him!

You guys are being way too kind to include me in that group!  I'm old and my knowledge is pretty limited, compared to "The Brain Trust".  Now, if you want to talk about manufacturing roller bearings, we can talk!  LOL!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Hook n ladder 1 said:

Well boys, the problem started again and decided to take it to the dealer.  Pretty convinced it was the air assist causing the problem.  The service manger was pretty convinced too after describing the problem over the phone.  There wasn't any air exhausting from the assist system as there should be. The morning I go to take it in, I can barely push the pedal to the floor, and the clutch brake wasn't working very well (before it was working fine).  Turned out the cable was bad.  Binding up apparently.  New cable $0.  Warranty covered. 

Maybe this is a good place to revisit the 3 golden rules of troubleshooting.

Rule #1:  Check the obvious first.

Rule #2:  When this fails to show anything, go back and check the obvious again in greater detail.

Rule #3:  Go back and check the last thing you fixed.

I'm glad you got this sorted out.  And, really glad the new cable was warrantied.