Shout Out to Ray @mack mhe9 for hauling my 1974 White Road Boss home

67RModel

• 1 month later...

Great to hear Ray is in contact and continues providing transportation services. He used to show up on here regulary but seems plenty of time passed by since.

White looks really nice, congrats on the purchase! Is the cab similar to what was used on some Brockways and Autocars?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 4/2/2022 at 11:27 AM, Vladislav said:

White looks really nice, congrats on the purchase! Is the cab similar to what was used on some Brockways and Autocars?

I am no expert at all on Whites (or Macks for that matter) but I understand the cab is or is a version of the Autocar "Driver's Cab" developed in 1950. When White acquired Autocar they began using this cab on Whites as well as Western Stars. This cab was replaced with a completely new model when the Road Boss 2 came out in 1976 or 77. Volvo acquired the rights to it when they purchased White Motors in the early 80s and was used up until the late 90s or early 2000s. I think the Autocar Driver Cab was still used to some degree well into the 1980s with the White AT64 and possible some other Western Star models. Information of White Trucks is almost non existent and their forum is all but dead last I checked. For a company that was so big information on them is very hard to find. I don't have any knowledge of where Brockway sourced their cabs prior to Mack buying them out.  After that they used versions of Mack cabs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 67RModel said:

I am no expert at all on Whites (or Macks for that matter) but I understand the cab is or is a version of the Autocar "Driver's Cab" developed in 1950. When White acquired Autocar they began using this cab on Whites as well as Western Stars. This cab was replaced with a completely new model when the Road Boss 2 came out in 1976 or 77. Volvo acquired the rights to it when they purchased White Motors in the early 80s and was used up until the late 90s or early 2000s. I think the Autocar Driver Cab was still used to some degree well into the 1980s with the White AT64 and possible some other Western Star models. Information of White Trucks is almost non existent and their forum is all but dead last I checked. For a company that was so big information on them is very hard to find. I don't have any knowledge of where Brockway sourced their cabs prior to Mack buying them out.  After that they used versions of Mack cabs. 

Well, now I understand I saw similar cabs on Western Stars of late 80's. Thanks for the detailed explanations, interesting.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012