1947 Mack EE engine swap with 1992 Mack (Renault) 6 cyl diesel

I have just purchased it 1947 Mack Series EE and I am planning to swap in a 1992 six-cylinder Renault diesel from 1992 Mack Midliner. The engine comes complete with the cab and all the cages and the front end and air compressor etc. but no transmission. It had an automatic previously that failed. I’ll be looking for a five speed that was offered with this engine. Has anyone ever had any similar experience with doing a swap like this?

• Like 1

Daniel Jacob, parts can be from what I understand a little challenging in America for Americans as you cant just go to your local truck parts place and grab a part or even order a part

For the rest of the world we are used to this so it isnt a problem or a challenge at all, plenty of these had Roadranger transmissions new from Mack in Australia so the bellhousing must be a common type 

I think almost every part is still available in Europe, you just need to jump on google and have a look about 

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress 

Paul 

• 3 weeks later...