2005 E7 400 AI

Just had the truck in the dealer  for a couple dealer repairs while there I had them reseal a EUP that was wet.  After they got the truck back together the truck is throwing 2-9 code that says Combustion Air Humidity TBD.  So I ask them what happened when they had everything apart deer in the head light stare because the sensor is $325.   My concern is that its not a regular fault and they said they couldn't figure out what was going on and wanted to throw a sensor on it. 

Any one ever have this issue and anyone know the part number?  I cant find it in Fleet Impact buts it is mounted in the intake tube and they didn't want to give me the part number for some reason.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

yep,  'F' is right..  the plug is probably hanging there behind the elbow in the air duct. the plug is flat, about 1 1/2" wide.  too funny,  I still forget that plug at times myself..  jojo

18 hours ago, thomastractorsvc said:

Just had the truck in the dealer  for a couple dealer repairs while there I had them reseal a EUP that was wet.  After they got the truck back together the truck is throwing 2-9 code that says Combustion Air Humidity TBD.  So I ask them what happened when they had everything apart deer in the head light stare because the sensor is $325.   My concern is that its not a regular fault and they said they couldn't figure out what was going on and wanted to throw a sensor on it. 

Any one ever have this issue and anyone know the part number?  I cant find it in Fleet Impact buts it is mounted in the intake tube and they didn't want to give me the part number for some reason.

Yea ..the deer 🦌 in the headlights look is all too common in my area.. specially in the mack motors , I think macktechnician used to call it gray engine amnesia ... around here, taking your truck to the dealership  is as useless  as tits on a boar hog.lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/2/2022 at 9:12 AM, fjh said:

Is it even plugged in ? Its possible they took the air cleaner off to access an reseal the EUP and didnt plug it back in done that a few times my self!

That there is no surprize the impact program is A POS ! Need to be a rocket scientist at times to operate it! 

Took me 2 flippin days to find this part number.

Here you go Part#20559022 Air Temperature/Humidity Sensor

V

Thanks to all who replied yes it was plugged in.  I tested it today and used some ether to clean it as it had something oily dirt on it.  Supposedly they took it out and tested it and said it was still good that wasn't what I found.

this was the part number I found stamped 64MT463M converts to 20963779

PAI FSU-0487

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."