Mp8 help

Ox50

Question

the steel pipe from the compressor tends to build up with carbon and blocks the flow..  i bet its restricted..   you may be able to take it out and throw it in the firepit and burn it out, or just replace it..  its expensive, and hopefully still available.. lately, common parts are a bitch to get...  jojo

Edited by Joey Mack
Poor spelling

16 hours ago, Ox50 said:

I’m having issues with my 2010 gu713 I’m thinking it’s injectors and cups but not completely sure just trying to get some insight 

65282D54-959A-4233-B4C7-F8928F2B62D1.jpeg

I got to think you need to do the air in fuel test after the engine is warm I would lean to cups as you are thinking there( How ever) there can be other issues as mentioned sticking VGT when warm , EGR Valve commanded open due to low EGR Flow readings . This engine being deleted we have no idea what the program is doing in that area? Try unplugging the EGR valve and see if this changes your situation!

• Like 1

I have closed the egr valve using premium tech tool while it’s running seems to me like when I do it runs like crap so I was thinking it was good to go I went out this morning and see antifreeze laying under the truck coming from the exhaust system 

2 hours ago, Ox50 said:

I have closed the egr valve using premium tech tool while it’s running seems to me like when I do it runs like crap so I was thinking it was good to go I went out this morning and see antifreeze laying under the truck coming from the exhaust system 

So before jumping to far ahead here the 7th injector is likley coolant cooled on that truck check that before condemning the thing! also the egr is controlled by the dpf on the egr tube if its polluted with coolant It will command the valve open if the cooler is restricted! Being deleted we don't know what they have done to this programing!

Remove the egr hose front of the EGR cooler first cause its easy If it is soaked you have your answer ! Then check  the injector, if the cooler is OK!

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ox50,,,, Meet (FJH)....  He always pull's out a good approach to a problem.  From what I can see here, he take's the time to study the issue and then post some real smart sh!t....  jojo

• Like 2