Found more pics of the blue truck

Truelove

welding as with many talents is like riding a horse, first time in the saddle you fall off; with a number of attempts you stay  on!! videos definitely help. practice makes perfect.  welding/brazing has to be one of the best and fun  skills. first time i  welded it was putting a 24 in sliding fifth wheel on a R685st , 7 lbs of rod ; no wire feeds back then. talk about being nervous ,  i miss working on the real ones ; with the 1/25 scale trucks i can still stay busy during cold weather LOL. expecting single  degree numbers  in CT next few days. im finding time to repair trucks sitting in boxes for 30-40 yrs.

work on yours is looking great 

You know I got on a mechanical bull in a bar Years ago and I fell right off immediately I thought I would’ve been at least on there a couple of seconds kind of reminds me of what you said yes I understand welding is very rewarding  and fun I am sure I will get there eventually I am planning on doing a lot of it eventually but yes again that cab is coming out amazing and yes hats off to you and your help do you got everybody’s attention so far keep up the good work and give yourself a big pat on the back… bob

• Like 1

I didn't mean to hi-jack the thread but several seemed interested. The original question asked in another thread was who made the blue truck? I think it's an IH with the grill changed.  I found this IH while browsing the net.  It's an LD-305. Same set back axle and vents in the hood. I also found this 1957 RDF-320.

1952-LD305-1024x685.jpg

DSC02423-1024x686.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Get this I hooked up one of my welders and started playing with a chunk of sheet metal burning holes thru the steel and overbeading and lotsa rod sticking spent alotta time messing around pretty quick i noticed I was getting addicted to this and couldn’t put it down until I got it somewhat together lol going out this morning to have some more fun .. also noticed the more I do the better I’m getting at it…Bob

2 hours ago, High Binder said:

I'm looking forward to getting back in the shop to start working on the sheet metal but it's too cold.  It's 32 degree's and a 20 mph wind. I guess I'm getting too old. 

Your not getting too old  it's just time is going by too FAST. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mowerman said:

Get this I hooked up one of my welders and started playing with a chunk of sheet metal burning holes thru the steel and overbeading and lotsa rod sticking spent alotta time messing around pretty quick i noticed I was getting addicted to this and couldn’t put it down until I got it somewhat together lol going out this morning to have some more fun .. also noticed the more I do the better I’m getting at it…Bob

i said many times i'd rather have a welder in my hands than wrenches. no limit to the fun and experience working with welding. in the days of my small shop, i had 5 welders. from a little 120 wire feed . two 220 buzz boxes, 1 wire feed and the big lincoln I mounted to an air compressor   chassis and towed behind the F 350.   as discussed in another topic;;;;DON"T forget ear plugs.   i always wanted to spend more time with a TIG machine, there was one in plant maintenance where i worked, never enough free time

• Like 1

Yes sir 10 four on the free time also yeah I hate shitty weather of the sun is not shining I stay in the house Reno has got its share of shit weather It’s gorgeous today but now the old guy is taking over and I am in the house for a little break now that  I’m starting to get somewhere with this I’m coming up with all kinds of clever fabrications … bob

• Like 1