04 AI intermittent electronic glitch

Been chasing a INTERMITTENT throttle glitch on an 04 granite since i got it in 15. Sometimes when you take off its like your only pushing the pedal 1/4 or 1/3 the way when its actually 3/4 or more. I would say it does this 30-40% of the time you take off. When it does it, a quick full throttle, no throttle, then back to the amount of throttle that you really want usually solves it. It also will sometimes do it while at speed, de-throttle for some reason and call for the power you were at, and its not there till you cycle the pedal. And no, its not the “AI motor” lag, this one has the BMT manifold/turbo/5”Exhaust/injectors anti-lag recipe already done with good results, this is I believe an electronic issue. The electronic pedal has been changed, and the wires behind the pass side kick panel have been inspected for chafing. My driver noticed today that when it is acting up, the Allison trans stacks its shifts close, like it would do if you were actually only calling for say 30% power, but cycle the petal to get power and the shifts are then occur like they normally would while accelerating. Can anyone think of something that im missing that needs to be checked? Could the Allison possibly be derating the motor for some reason? (I dont think it is, my dda shop maintains it and said it is healthy with no codes, but im open for ideas) she is a good truck, but man this is aggravating 

In Mack Software, there is a function to do a throttle pedal calibration/re-set.. I think the code it throw's is 6-5...    Do you have access to the software? Jojo

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
23 hours ago, Bigjohn4300 said:

Well looks like we figured it out, engine harness! Changed the main on engine harness, not only cured the intermittent lag/low power, but also what everyone thought was a weak cylinder when cold, missed erratically until warmed up(we were prepping for a inframe OR a Etech swap, harness cured it. Im liking her a lot more!

Curious, how much did the harness set you back? We just bought a 2003 AI350. Harness seems ok... For now....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

one of my current customers sent me and older E-Tech wire harness for me to inspect for re-use, because he said a new at Mack was $1400.00..  He is a smart man with a lot of knowledge, so I assume he is right..   Jojo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...