New to A model ownership.

While I don’t remember seeing an A model with a filler cap like that If the hood fits the cowl and radiator shell the radiator shell is factory.  It is hard to tell the difference between radiator shells even when I have my A model and L model next to each other. Of course the the A shell is smaller. Neat truck. Have fun with it. Mike. 

What we really need to know is the serial number or at east the model.  I assume it is a diesel and has a bigger radiator to cool it. My L model gas job has the radiator cap under the hood while my diesel has the cap exposed like your A model. Mike. 

My brouchure of a A-54SW shows rad cap on outside of shell behind bulldog. Also a A-54SW log truck in this town in 1954 had rad cap in same place as yours. I know that the A-40 had cap inside of hood but smaller engine so probably smaller rad. The A-51, A55, and A-50 maybe had external caps also because of bigger rads.