Lose power then goes ok

Hello. I have a Mack vision pinnacle 2011. It goes normal and suddenly begins to fail losing power, also begins to vibrate after a while it normalizes for hundreds of kilometers. Sometimes when I stop and start the march again it starts to fail. It does not throw any fault code. We have checked it on the computer and nothing. I think it may be something mechanical. But I have been told that there are two injectors failing others that the problem is the sleeves and oring of injectors. I need ideas. Thanks from Patagonia.

Would you happen to be able to provide anymore information? Does it have hard starts, making oil, or want to regen more often? Also does it do it loaded or unloaded? Is the vibration from misfire or driveline/suspension related? I by no means know anything close to a lot of guys on here but I’m glad to maybe try and help you out until someone that really knows can. Hey we all been somewhere and done something someone hasn’t...😎

When the engine is stopped for more than a day, it sometimes takes a long time to start. Vibration occurs when it begins to fail. It seems like an injection problem, however it later normalizes. That is the doubt since it is rare for it to normalize and function normally

When you mean cups. It is to the injector sleeves and orings. The injectors I don't think is the cause. The other mechanic told me very sure that it was the cups and orings. This MP8 engine is the same as the D13 Volvo and Renault. and he has a lot of experience in D13 Volvo

That’s a good way to test for a cup issue. Have him check for air before the head and after the head. Maybe check cooling system as well. Joey Mack is a good one for help on most issues. 

you can make your own test tool, with an old fuel line Banjo fitting and enough clear hose to reach the fuel tank fill cap. Have some new copper washers handy, for when you go back together.. Thanks for the compliment, but I'm getting rusty on MP's and the new ones are beyond my knowledge.. Go Bulldog!

Let us know what you find out, it’s always nice to know. @Joey Mack yea the MPs and newer style are a full time job it seems like. You either know them or you don’t. It seems like every year they add more shit to them for the hell of it. Enough is enough, i think I was saying that back in 07-08 haha. 

19 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

has your mechanic done an air in the fuel return test?

This is were I would start, but I  have no idea at all on modern motors so I cant answer to any degree apart from what I would look for on older mechanical diesels

Good luck and keep us updated on the issue

Paul

well Carlos, if you have the money and the tools to take a stab at the problem, more power to you....  I'm a diagnostic guy, I want to know why and what fixed it...   Jojo

Believe me, I don't like spending the money. But in Chile South America there are not many alternatives. However with this mechanic we have learned a lot from the MP8 and D13 engines. For example, the fault that they bring in the gear that goes in the distribution which is loose and we have intervened it before it does more damage. I'll let you know if we fix the problem. Greetings.

ok Carlos....  I did not know about the lack of resources...  Do the best you can.  unfortunately, you have a truck that requires computers as much as it requires wrenches and know how....i will respectfully step back and I hope another will step in to guide you..  Jojo

Yup the Vocom 2 is the driver and tech tool is the software that is used with it. Highly recommend it. Plus you will have access to customer truck portal. Which gives you all the service information for your trucks and also a ton of online classes and also soo much more.