1978 Mack Firetruck (pumper) needs rear bodywork. Help Please!!

Here is the picture of the damage on the right rear side. On one of the pictures you can see what the rear taillights are supposed to look like. Looking for someone to lead me in the right direction on who to call or where to start. Thanks MACK family!

142A3C77-03BE-4D0D-987C-EBD0581AE65E.jpeg

2E91816D-BA50-49DF-8774-B581FAFA693D.jpeg

wow, that was a HARD hit!

first thing i would do is try pulling it with a modified version of a portable frame machine. 

long beam under the truck fastened to the frame. a pivot point on the end of that beam, with a long vertical beam. hydraulic cylinder.  between the two. 

clamp the back metal to the vertical beam and apply pressure to the cylinder. 

that body looks like it is aluminum. it should pull fairly straight with gently hammer and dolly work. 

the rear compartment material with lights may need replacing though. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Yes it was a hard hit! The brake assembly broke off and the truck hopped over the chucks and backed into a house! Luckily it wasn’t the front, and no one got hurt. It still drives like a champ. I have someone coming to look at it tomorrow. I’ll keep y’all posted and show him y’all suggestions. Thanks so much! -Ben 

B6B53F16-8150-4857-985E-B0EDB00C3ED5.jpeg

A00B979C-D7EA-4183-B333-F5200CCC61EA.jpeg

• Like 1

Yes and ordinarily a body shop will just straighten the frame for you and nothing else if that’s what you want otherwise if you let them repair everything the bill will be way more than the truck is worth .... just a fair warning before you get too involved you’re a way better off to do as much of it as you can  it is also going to require a bunch of welding be prepared ...good luck... bob

• Like 1