2000 ch 427 hp low boost

32 minutes ago, Mackvette1 said:

Just did the intercooler.  I can do that tonight, that should also tell me if my pipe for air intake on air compressor is good or not also ...how much pressure? 30lbs like the book says for the intercooler test? 

Only took about 2psi to find my blown gasket on the manifold, It doesn't take much.  The key for me atleast is that it is quiet while you are doing it so you can hear the leaks. 

• 4 weeks later...

Update on this truck.  After a week of driving I’d say the truck has the same issue..took it to shop and plugged into computer and found a engine speed derate.  Cleared code and still no change.  Installed new oversized injectors and took care of the low power issue(runs and pulls like it should now).  Only problem is now after installing them I have a erratic idle.  Everything is new on the truck except the lift pump could that be cause the rough idle?  

11 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

fuel pressure regulator...   

didn’t know there was one...all I’ve ever known is the check valve on the return side.  It seems weird to me though because it will smooth out when I unhook the suction line at the tank.  I have switch tanks and used 5 gallon buck still no change 

It comes out of the side of the block, right side around #4+#5.. The 45 degree fitting is a regulator. 80-100 P.S.I. is good pressure. You can put a gauge on it. I have made a few adapters to hook into the fitting and still keep the fitting in place and if you have the fuel sensor in your fitting, making an adapter is easy. just "T" into it, and attach your gauge, and screw the sensor in to the "T" so you dont throw codes or cause any other ECM issues. jojo

Or the bigger injectors are over fueling at idle might need an ecm reprogrammed or a new trim file for them don’t know if Mack has trim files like the Cummins have    I hear ya on the eup lines reconditioning I’ve only reused them in an emergency but replaced them soon after

Edited by mrgumby

2 hours ago, OldRedMack said:

Good chance you have a weak eup, that happened with me and new injectors. 1 eup wasn't strong enough for the new injectors, replaced it and all was good.

Could be all that is left. I have tried cracking lines and can’t really find one that is weak..would that make it lose it’s prime over night? Or maybe to big of a tip on the injector for this truck?  Again I have replaced fuel lines, filters, check valve, lift pump.  Thanks again 

54 minutes ago, Jamkar said:

On a side note, apart from the idle issues how was boost and performance with bigger injectors?

Just did a long test drive with an empty trailer and Boost hit 35 psi under full load and Performance was what I was looking for pulling good strong and quick