What Will they reinvent next!???

fjh

Just wanted to be clear. I didn't like this post because I thought this was a good idea. I just find it very interesting how everything today has to become so complicated .  

I spoke with a person yesterday that is sending their new trucks to the auction and rebuilding their older trucks. 

• Like 1

Keith 

Last I heard they did discontinue the clutched air compressor but the on/off water pump is still an option and maybe standard now. Our 2018 and 2019 do not have the on/off water pump but our 2020.5 has it . Also our 2020.5 has the air governor in the air compressor. Back in the ASET days we had a fleet of CXN tanker trucks with the same air drier/air governor set up. Our 2020.5 trucks also have 2 oil filters instead of 3 and also no fuel return line coming off the head. They did away with the electric fuel pressure valve on the fuel rail . This was a common issue as all our common rail engine trucks have had them and the harness replaced . 

2 hours ago, Mackpro said:

Last I heard they did discontinue the clutched air compressor but the on/off water pump is still an option and maybe standard now. Our 2018 and 2019 do not have the on/off water pump but our 2020.5 has it . Also our 2020.5 has the air governor in the air compressor. Back in the ASET days we had a fleet of CXN tanker trucks with the same air drier/air governor set up. Our 2020.5 trucks also have 2 oil filters instead of 3 and also no fuel return line coming off the head. They did away with the electric fuel pressure valve on the fuel rail . This was a common issue as all our common rail engine trucks have had them and the harness replaced . 

Good to see your still hanging out Bro ! Thanx for the update on the botched ideas floating about ! Ahh so that drier may not be committed to as a standard issue !? We have had to convert several trucks to twin cyl  compressors due to the hi air draw of the /M trans in certain work environments, In these cases the sales poeple need to change the specs when ordering vocational  !  Amazingly enough,   The (common Rail ) engines have been relatively OK and almost problem Free so far here ! The main issues are usually Emissions or wiring issues due  to our environment Salt brine  on the roads and so dollar store lighting issues, That go along with newly Untested VOLVO LIKE  parts bought thru whom ever supplies things! Because we live in a wet climate air drier cartridges need to be changed Often to protect The temperamental HI module and reg or you end up replacing them like cord wood! Don't imagine its any different In KW or PETE land!  

8 hours ago, fjh said:

Good to see your still hanging out Bro ! Thanx for the update on the botched ideas floating about ! Ahh so that drier may not be committed to as a standard issue !? We have had to convert several trucks to twin cyl  compressors due to the hi air draw of the /M trans in certain work environments, In these cases the sales poeple need to change the specs when ordering vocational  !  Amazingly enough,   The (common Rail ) engines have been relatively OK and almost problem Free so far here ! The main issues are usually Emissions or wiring issues due  to our environment Salt brine  on the roads and so dollar store lighting issues, That go along with newly Untested VOLVO LIKE  parts bought thru whom ever supplies things! Because we live in a wet climate air drier cartridges need to be changed Often to protect The temperamental HI module and reg or you end up replacing them like cord wood! Don't imagine its any different In KW or PETE land!  

Some of our common rail engines are now over 200,000 miles and still trouble free ( all MP8) other than the fuel rail valve and pressure sensor, there are CBR bulletins on replacing them with upgrade parts and also replacing both  under valve cover injector harnesses.  However we still have issues with random things. Our biggest issues right now are the Mack inter wheel locks blowing apart . I wish we would order them with the inter-axle air power divider only.  Also our Mack T-310 trans seem to really like to go back the dealership for hi/low synchro replacement every 18-24 months. Our last 3 new trucks have the M-drive transmissions and drivers fight over who gets to drive them . I love them , less clutch’s I have to adjust. The LCM ( light control module) that was brought over from Volvo has been an adventure. A simple lighting issue is now a major pain the the butt. ABS wiring in the frame rails shorting out the rear wheel speed sensors now cause the speedometer to quit working and derate due to speedo tampering parameter on . Had three trucks in a week have this issue. Also we have found  loose main ground wire on the inside of the cab at the pass through on the firewall above the throttle pedal to be the cause of many intermittent random fault codes .