1981 superliner rear axles

Sk1981

I don't think so. Have you called a Mack dealer with the last "6" of the V.I.N.?  just have them look up the springs.... then take the free info, "And run"!... then get what you need at a real shop... Mabey Watts Mack can help you.... They may be one of very few who really care about Macks... Jojo

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 6:06 AM, Sk1981 said:

Have a 1981 superliner is there tag some place for axle weight specs. It has newway suspension.

With Neway in 1981 those are the most probably 34000 or 38000 axles. Once I found a tag riveted to the lower side of the lower left airbag pad. But that was Neway tag with the suspension model not the axles.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

If your shocks mount on top of the axle then you have a rather odd Neway with the 8 in travel. My 83 has that set up. It has 38's. Most Neway have the shocks mounted behind the axles. That could be most any rateing 

• Like 1

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

Post up photos from the side and rear of the suspension and we'll get a start on identifying it. 40K on a tandem without a tag installed is asking for trouble operated on the roadways.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

ARD 244-6, or ARD 238-6 from the looks of it. Depends on year but the 244 suspension was common in the early 1980's where the 238 was a later improvement to the 244.

Tag was aluminum and usually riveted to left front hanger but didn't remain too long before corroding away.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 1 month later...

The ARD-238 didn't come out till the 1984 model year. Not saying it hasn't been changed over the years however. Neway parts of this series are not difficult to source but not through Mack.