Happy Halloween fellas

mowerman

Wife was happy, she sat out at the end of the walk at the sidewalk and handed out the goodies. I was at the firehouse (we are in the middle of a residential neighborhood) and handed out goodies. Had a few hundred kids. Not as much as years past. Was good to see parents letting their kids get out there. The local church also had a "trunk or treat" in their parking lot. 

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

We went to the "Monster Mash Car Bash" car show/trunk-or-treat last weekend. Then took the kiddos out last night. We only hit 2 houses...it was late by the time we headed out, and even later by the time we left the 1st. I DEFINITELY need to get the boy to understand "We don't go into people's houses when we're out trick-or-treating" before we start knocking on random people's doors. Only houses we went to this year are the 2 houses in town where I know the people. The 3rd house we would've gone to we didn't have to, because they showed up at the 1st (his dad's) while we were there.

We still ended up with quite the haul. Not many kids in town, so not many trick-or-treaters. I used to only get 1...(2nd house we went to)...until his little girl got too old to trick-or-treat. Now I return the favor. At 9:00 last night, we were the 3rd toknock on their door...and they're "in town" surrounded by other houses. I'm across the highway all by myself, so I never really expect kids to make that walk. Everywhere we went, he got half the bowl dumped into his little bag...🤦‍♂️

Edited by RowdyRebel
  • Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Rowdy,,,,,,, I’m gonna hang around with you next year we also don’t get any kids here we live in a flag lot,,, drive way is around 500 ft long, dirt drive real dark at night... first year we lived here bought a bunch of candy and we didn’t get anyone,so from then we don’t bother anymore ,,, I guess it looks too creepy to small kids,,, too bad I’ve always enjoyed handing out candy... trunk or treat just ain’t the same trick man lol .. bob

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

Rowdy,,,,,,, I’m gonna hang around with you next year we also don’t get any kids here we live in a flag lot,,, drive way is around 500 ft long, dirt drive real dark at night... first year we lived here bought a bunch of candy and we didn’t get anyone,so from then we don’t bother anymore ,,, I guess it looks too creepy to small kids,,, too bad I’ve always enjoyed handing out candy... trunk or treat just ain’t the same trick man lol .. bob

Come hang here. On a non-covid year, four large industrial sized bags of candy gone in two hours. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I always buy candy...but only the stuff I like, and don't go overboard because I know I'll be the one eating it. The trunk-or-treat wasn't TOO bad...had some old cars for daddy to look at with candy & games for the kids. First trunk-or-treat I've been to, though, so really nothing to compare it to. The boy was dressed up as "Chase" (Paw Patrol) riding his little Chase scooter he got for his birthday & got a lot of compliments along the way. Of course *I* had the scariest costume around...dressed in my usual attire & wore the mask that pretty much looks like my regular face. Masks were allegedly "required" for anyone over 9 years old...seemed like a good time to wear it again...only other time I've had it on was for the birth of the girl.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!