Cummins X15 Powered Mack Trident Trial..

https://www.fullyloaded.com.au/product-news/2009/cummins-tempts-trident

News has emerged of a Mack Trident punched by a 15-litre Cummins X15 engine starting long-term trials with high-profile Queensland company Followmont Transport. While a cone of silence has descended on most people involved in the exercise, history has a profound habit of repeating itself and a successful trial over the next year or two could have a far bigger impact than simply turning Trident into a dog with more bite.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

• Hayseed changed the title to Cummins X15 Powered Mack Trident Trial..

Interesting.  I heard volvo has placed a good truck man from australia at the helm of the MACK northeast united states region . Dean Bestwick former Mack Trucks Australia vice president of sales and marketing is becoming the northeast regional VP based out of mack corporate head quarters. They say he's a real Truck man and Mack enthusiast that used to drive road trains in Australia.

Edited by 41180
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, 41180 said:

Interesting.  I heard volvo has placed a good truck man from australia at the helm of the MACK northeast united states region . Dean Bestwick former Mack Trucks Australia vice president of sales and marketing is becoming the northeast regional VP based out of mack corporate head quarters. They say he's a real Truck man and Mack enthusiast that used to drive road trains in Australia.

Correct. Our loss is Definitely Your Gain.. 

Here's an interesting article (By the same journalist) on Volvo in Australia..

https://www.fullyloaded.com.au/industry-news/2009/volvo-dumps-brisbane-truck-show-under-the-cover-of-covid

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

On 9/29/2020 at 11:01 AM, 41180 said:

I retired from trucking, but God, I hope he turns things around. I'd like to see Mack come back to heavy haul.

I'm going to get to try an X15. I'm an equipment operator in a mine now, but they just brought me this to float equipment with since I was a trucker.

T800, X15 524, 52,000 rear and 4.58 ratio, 18 speed manual. Mine manager was so proud it had "big" power. I didn't have the heart to tell him I've had dump trucks with 600's, LOL

20200921_112648.jpg

• Like 1

Ya, it is an ugly duckling. No gauges, not even a radio and it was still $170,000 before taxes. 

That being said...the build quality and fit and finish and materials are very automotive like. Not as old school cool as the Stars I was last running, but way better quality.

Yes, it is a performance series 525.

I'll probably be moving the D6K next run and we have some big steep hills so I'll let you know how it runs.

Edited by Bullheaded
  • Like 2