One of the drivers for the local construction company, who I knew when I was a young-un, drove a Peterbilt glider kit truck with running gear from under a Mack R600.  He called it his "Peter-Mack".  Was a pulling son-of-a-gun.  Couldn't break it.  Cool to see a Quadruplex shift plate stuck on the dash of a "Peterbilt".

Another local outfit lost a driver (actually the son of the owner) when he wrecked their green Dodge tractor (maybe a BigHorn???).  They put a blue & white Pete cab kit on it.  Still had the green frame rails and axles under it.  My neighbor drove it after that.  He let me drive it around the block once.  First 13-speed RoadRanger I ever drove.  That truck always felt kinda haunted to me, though.

• Like 2

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

6 minutes ago, mowerman said:

ooooooooh gotcha,,,,,seems like normally,we hardly hear from you,,,,,happened to notice you have been on here quite a bit.......keepem coming...bob

Well, since I sold my R, I haven't had much to show-and-tell about.  But, I still like being a part of this site.  I had a post on here many years ago that explained why this forum is so much better than most.

Glad to see you are still so active.  That B&S logo is a welcome sight to see when I open my notifications!

• Like 1

appreciate the flowers,,,,i concidered selling my DM a while back,but changed my mind....my garage is almost ready to drive it in and start on it,,,i told barry i will ordering a bunch of parts shortly,,,ok my friend,,wife said breakfast is ready,,,,,,gotta run..bob

18 hours ago, mackaholic said:

It seems thats been done a lot. Here's a link to an article about a Northern CA log trucker who had several of them. See page 29.  https://rootsofmotivepower.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Roots-Of-Motive-Power-Highline-2006-April-Vol-24-01.pdf. I wonder if any survived?

Interesting read