1968 R-685T sales brochure. Free.

I have a sales brochure for a 1968 R-685T.  It has some writing on it where the salesman took some notes during the discussion of the sale. (Final sales price is noted as $15,369.00.  We bought 2.)

Also, I have the "Operation manual" for the 1968 Maxidyne engine. Perfect condition.

Also, I have 2 original Mack keys that have the Mack name and bulldog on them from 1968. 2 different key codes. One for each truck we owned.

That's all I have. I do not have the trucks. I do not have anything else. I do not have any parts. (I've dealt with you "old truck guys" before.)

Free to anyone interested. Just send me your address and I'll mail it to you.  tonycashmail@yahoo.com

I'll update this post when it's gone. 

5 minutes ago, mackey58 said:

Man 15,000.00 new and they ran and worked everyday. New ones 150,000.00 and broke more  running. Man gotta lovr old school

No emissions back then and the mack powertrain was just about unbreakable, but flat tires and burnt out lights were pretty much a daily event back then!

Mailed to ditchdigger today.

Those trucks hauled mail from Louisville to Paducah, KY (200 miles) 7 days a week from 1968 to 1985.  Over 1.2 million miles on each.

Then my uncle put dump beds on them and used them in a gravel pit for another 10 years.

Got our money's worth I'd guess.

Good luck guys. Stay safe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony C said:

Mailed to ditchdigger today.

Those trucks hauled mail from Louisville to Paducah, KY (200 miles) 7 days a week from 1968 to 1985.  Over 1.2 million miles on each.

Then my uncle put dump beds on them and used them in a gravel pit for another 10 years.

Got our money's worth I'd guess.

Good luck guys. Stay safe.

That's incredible. No way a modern truck will have that longevity.

• Like 1