kscarbel2

Coronavirus News Updates

To keep you informed so people cant go "I cant find a exact figure on how many people have died from COVID 19" at a guess 

Paul 

I did look into the actual total death numbers and what I found was that your 2.8 million number is very accurate, and reflects the projected number of deaths in the US for 2020

What I did find is that between March 1 and April 25 there were approximately 550,000 deaths recorded in the US of these 50,000 met the criteria to be caused by covid 19.

So this works out to an average of 25,000 deaths per month

This is substantially less than the 40,000 deaths per month that are attributed to smoking

• Like 2

The reason you can not find a true death count is because in some states it takes time to make it fit the agenda of that state. Money and Power at stake in the death count.

God the truth is great

• Like 2

You choose to smoke or not

You chose to drive or not

You choose to drink Alcohol Beverages or not

You choose to get annual flu shot or not

However people did not choose to get this virus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know people that’s never smoked or drank and they drove, don’t think they had flu shots then but anyways they got cancer and died and didn’t want either.

2 hours ago, Joseph Moody Jr said:

You choose to smoke or not

You chose to drive or not

You choose to drink Alcohol Beverages or not

You choose to get annual flu shot or not

However people did not choose to get this virus

OH you never heard of second hand smoke ?? and what does the choice have to do with it, you tell me I have to wear mask and not attend functions ?? I don't and won't wear a mask and if I want to attend a Trump rally that is my call just like your defending smoking, how do you claim there are not the same, read what you wrote one is voluntary and the other is not ?? piss on the virus and having a father that smoked all my child hood I can tell you about the shit that goes with smoking it is a vile disgusting habit and you can't say the two are any different. And as far as driving a lowered speed limit on the east  coast would save lives and if the State Troopers did there job and stopped having to worry about the racial crap they would enforce the laws better cause here in GA a Trooper thinks twice about ticketing a black for fear of getting wrote up. people don't choose to get killed by a drunk driver, I get to help my buddy who owns the largest wrecker service in our area, come work a fatal drunk wreck and then spout off about drinking, you'll change your tune real quick when watch them extracting the  bodies of the parents and or the children. grow up. 

• Like 2

Pfizer and BioNTech receive permission from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to "fast-track" two vaccine candidates.

Two of Pfizer and BioNTech’s four investigational mRNA-based vaccine candidates received fast track designation from the FDA.

he designation was granted based on preliminary data from phase 1/2 studies that are currently ongoing in the U.S. and Germany as well as animal studies.

The companies said a large, global Phase 2b/3 study may begin as early as this month.

And I  will explain my comment 
I cant see how this has any bearing on Coronavirus news or Coronavirus at all
It's just people have a barney about who's more right about a subject that isnt even related Coronavirus at all
Now Im going off on a tangent and you can can me all you like 
As a teenager growing up I like a lot of teenagers struggled to get along with my parents 
When I was in my early twenties my brother gave me some advice that I still use to this day "you dont have to be right, you dont have to have a argument about every little thing, you can yell and abuse Mum and Dad on the way home in your ute. That way every visit is a good visit" 
I lost my farther nearly 2 months ago and as we were driving Mum back to her place from the funeral home I reminded my brother of his advice 
I also thanked him because it meant that the rest of my life with my parents was argument free, it meant my son grew up knowing and loving his grand parents for whom and what they are and not any prejudices that I might have
This doesn't mean I just rolled over and was treated like crap, it just meant that my life has been a whole lot richer because of some simple advice I followed and choosing my actions and responses a lot better 
Maybe there's a lesson in there for some people, maybe not and Im gunna cop a mouthful 

Paul 

Good advice

Another one is “you can pick and choose your friends and neighbors but you are stuck with your family and you need to find a way to get along”

The problem with a lot of the millennials today, the 20 year old, is the blatant disrespect they have for there parents and elders.

My 23 year old son is this way and wants to change the world. He was surprised when both of his parents hanged up on him and told him to do something and stop yelling at us.

I could go on for a while but I will end it here
  • Like 1

Well I would say there is no doubt that many deaths attributed to covid 19 would have happened  if the infected had come down with the flue or a bad cold never mind covid.  But to put covid in perspective, someone sent me the following description of what it means to go on a ventilator.  I had no  clue it was this bad so I sent it to my sister-in-law  who is a retired nurse practioner (nurse with typically a masters degree) for her comment.  Her response..."that is why I'm listed as "DNR"!"

We do not want this!  Pay attention; be careful!

Why People who are 60+ must stay home and not take any risks at all

Written by a nurse who works with ventilators.

*For those people who don't understand what it means to be on a ventilator

*For starters, a ventilator is NOT an oxygen mask put over the mouth while the patient is comfortably lying down and reading magazines.*

*Ventilation for Covid-19 is a painful intubation that goes down your throat and stays there until you live or you die. It is done under anesthesia for 2 to 3 weeks without moving, often upside down, with a tube inserted from the mouth up to the trachea and allows you to breathe to the rhythm of the lung machine.*

*The patient can't talk or eat, or do anything naturally - the machine keeps you alive. The discomfort and pain they feel from this means medical experts have to administer sedatives and painkillers to ensure tube tolerance for as long as the machine is needed. It's like being in an artificial coma.*

*After 20 days from this treatment, a young patient loses 40% muscle mass, and gets mouth or vocal cords trauma, as well as possible pulmonary or heart complications.*

*It is for this reason that old or already weak people can't withstand the treatment and die. Many of us are in this boat ... so stay safe unless you want to take the chance of ending up here. This is NOT the flu.*

*Add a tube into your stomach, either through your nose or skin for liquid food, a sticky bag around your butt to collect the diarrhea, a foley to collect urine, an IV for fluids and meds, an A-line to monitor your BP that is completely dependent upon finely calculated med doses, teams of nurses, CRNA’s and MA’s to reposition your limbs every two hours and lying on a mat that circulates ice cold fluid to help bring down your 104 temperature.

Hence, I request all my Senior Citizen friends, do not go out*

*Stop the spread Stay Safe, Stay Home and well.....

PLEASE SHARE Thanks!
  • Like 2

Still a political football, elect Biden and see how fast the "virus" will be old news, fake old news.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, david wild said:

Still a political football, elect Biden and see how fast the "virus" will be old news, fake old news.  

Well if Joe gets in, I won't worry about catching anything🥵

U.S. Orders Up to 600 Million Doses of Pfizer, BioNTech Covid Vaccine

Bloomberg  /  July 22, 2020

U.S. health officials agreed pay $1.95 billion for 100 million doses of a vaccine made by America’s Pfizer Inc. and Germany’s BioNTech SE.

The companies will receive payment upon the receipt of the doses, following regulatory authorization or approval.

The U.S. government also can acquire up to an additional 500 million doses.

The U.S. has already ordered experimental shots developed by the University of Oxford and AstraZeneca Plc.

The vaccine would be available to the American people for free, according to the government.

Pfizer shares rose more than 5% in pre-market trading. BioNTech climbed about 7%.

Americans will be living with the coronavirus for decades

Dr. Michael Osterholm, epidemiologist at the University of Minnesota

This interview is the first in a series of conversations MarketWatch will conduct with some of the leading voices in the U.S. on the COVID-19 pandemic

On Jan. 20, just nine days after Chinese health authorities published the DNA sequence for a new coronavirus that had sickened dozens of people in China, Dr. Michael Osterholm, an epidemiologist at the University of Minnesota, wrote in an email: “I’m certain this will cause our next pandemic.”

The next day the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) confirmed the first U.S. case of someone infected with what became known as COVID-19. Since then, as outbreaks intensified and the virus spread to Europe, and then the Americas, Osterholm, a flu expert with experience working in the CDC who heads up the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy, has become one of the nation’s leading voices on the pandemic, weighing in on everything from masks to contact tracing.

Osterholm’s viewpoint is sobering. The 67-year-old expects the novel coronavirus to be present for the rest of his life. He doesn’t believe the wave theory (a first wave, a lull, following by other waves) will apply to this pandemic. “That’s not what’s happening here,” he told MarketWatch in an interview.

MarketWatch: One of the things I’m pretty interested in is the talk and the hope around a vaccine. Do you think we have misconceptions about what it means when we have a vaccine?

Michael Osterholm: Everyone is looking at the vaccine as being a light switch: on or off. And I look at it as a rheostat, that’s going to take a long time, from turning it on from its darkest position to a lightest position. If you’re anticipating a light switch, you’re going to be concerned, confused, and in some cases very disappointed in what it might look like in those first days to months with a vaccine.

MarketWatch: I saw a piece in The Atlantic this week and I thought they positioned it well. They described it as the beginning of the end.

Osterholm: It won’t be. We will be dealing with this virus forever. Effective and safe vaccines and hopefully ones with some durability will be very important, even critical tools, in fighting it. But the whole world is going to be experiencing COVID-19 ‘til the end of time. We’re not going to be vaccinating our way out of this to eight-plus billion people in the world right now. And if we don’t get durable immunity, we’re potentially looking at revaccination on a routine basis, if we can do that. We’ve really got to come to grips with actually living with this virus, for at least my lifetime, and at the same time, it doesn’t mean we can’t do a lot about it.

MarketWatch: Do you think we’re going to see some of these vaccines fail in clinical studies?

Osterholm: One of the challenges we have is: what do we mean by fail? What’s the definition? Some people right now have a view that any vaccine that isn’t like the measles vaccine is going to be a challenge, meaning they’ve got to work 93% to 98% of the time. I don’t think there’s any sense that that’s going to happen with this vaccine. That doesn’t mean that there isn’t going to be an effective vaccine at 50%, 60% or 70%.

We have to keep watching for safety signals. We have to make sure that over time we can assure the public with open and transparent data that: This is what you can expect in terms of reactions, this is what might have any long-term complications.

MarketWatch: When it comes to how medical information is being disseminated, there have been a lot of changes. You’ve done some peer review and work with journals. Do you think some of these preliminary scientific writings are being shared with the public too soon?

Osterholm: Oh, absolutely. We’re drinking from a fire hose right now in terms of new information. You can make the case that’s important because we’re in a position to learn things that could have a very real impact on patient outcome and therefore getting the data out are critical. But then there’s a downside to that, too, because with that comes an increasing amount of marginal if not potentially erroneous information.

MarketWatch: Do you think we’re going to see distinct waves of outbreaks in the U.S.?

Osterholm: No, no. They’re not waves. We’ve never had a pandemic due to coronavirus before. We’ve had influenza pandemics. With an influenza pandemic, you do get true waves, meaning you get a first big peak of cases, then the numbers come down substantially without any human intervention. It’s nothing we do. We’ve never understood why that happens, and then a few months later you get a second wave. At this point, that’s not what’s happening here.

This is like a forest fire, full steam ahead. And wherever there’s human wood to burn, it’ll do it. What we see, though, are these spikes in cases where human mitigation strategies ended, or they’re not adhering to them ... This is just one constant pressure that’s occurring.

MarketWatch: And human mitigation [like mask wearing or social distancing] declines?

Osterholm: Right. And everyone’s expecting it. Look at Hong Kong, which is doing an outstanding public health follow up, and yet they are still having a problem. Think of this like a big forest fire. If you’re in the way of it, you’re going to get burned. The best we can do is try to put out as much as we can. But even knowing that, if you just suppress it, it’s going to come back. The embers are still there because we never really put it out.

MarketWatch: What do you think the biggest failure in the U.S. response has been?

Osterholm: We’ve failed because we declared victory over the virus when we had no business doing so. This virus has been poised to be transmitted in our communities, and we thought we had done enough to get it down. It’s like a fire crew. “I only put out half the forest fire but you know, I put out half so we’re done.” And then look what happened. It’s burned more acres since we gave up than it did before we gave up.

MarketWatch: What was that moment when you realize the seriousness of this virus?

Osterholm: I just could tell based on all the data we had, and it was one of those “oh my God” moments. No one knew for certain how a coronavirus is going to act, and, unfortunately, it’s fulfilling all my worst nightmares. One challenge that is yet to really be understood is just what kind of durable immunity we get from infection and vaccine. We’re making assumptions right now that’s going to last. If it doesn’t, that really complicates things. If you have double, triple, and quadruple jeopardy with this virus, that’s not a pretty picture.

MarketWatch: Are we getting going to get close to [herd immunity] by a vaccine? Or is the goal to keep as many people safe as possible?

Osterholm: Again, it goes back to the question we just discussed: is there durable immunity? Because herd immunity is based on the concept that once you have immunity, it stays. One of our goals has been to postpone as many cases we can until the vaccine is available and use that as your means for getting 50% to 70% of the population protected. But we don’t know what immunity means for either natural disease or vaccine. Herd immunity is still, in some ways, that theoretical state to get to but we’re not sure we ever will.

Photo 5.jpg