Which Was The Last Truely Designed Mack Engine?

I know that Mack is now owned by Volvo and before that by Renault. I was sad to find out that the current Mack engines are really Volvos. Which engine was the last truely designed Mack engine? Could it have been the the E6 or E7?. Were the current Mack engines designed excusively by Volvo or were they co-developed with traditional Mack engineers here in the U.S. ? I hope that the current Mack transmissions and rears ( with driveshaft on top) are still 100% Mack designed. I appreciate your feedback. Thanks

Edited by dmmack76

I think that the last "TRUE MACK" engines were the MACK ASET series used in FIRST GENERATION MACK GRANITE Trucks.

Now with my crazy thoughts....Is the MP SERIES really a VOLVO ENGINE or it is a MACK ENGINE stolen and badged by VOLVO as its "own" engine???????

I'm going out on limb here but I would say E6 2 valve. (maybe some help from Scania)

Renault was a big (help) in the 4 valve and E7 as (partners) should be.

Volvo is not a partner it is communist dictator!!!

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

The new MP engines are 100% Volvo designed with some code changed in the engine computer, red paint and Mack written on the valve cover. They started out as the D12, D13 and the D16. Renault also has re badged Volvo engines called the DXi series.

Mack like every other diesel engine maker shared their technology over time. No one diesel engine is 100% designed by any one maker. Mack used Scanias direct injection open combustion chamber design in the 673 then that carried over into the 237 Maxidyne then on to the E6. The E7 was made with the help of Renault who used the Mack engines in their trucks including the E9 in the Magnum AE. SISU trucks of Finland partnerd with Renault and used Mack engines until Volvo took over Renault/Mack. SISU stopped making their own cabs and used a Renault cab on a super heavy duty SISU chassis with SISU axles, Mack engine and Fuller or ZF gear boxes.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

The new MP engines are 100% Volvo designed with some code changed in the engine computer, red paint and Mack written on the valve cover. They started out as the D12, D13 and the D16. Renault also has re badged Volvo engines called the DXi series.

The new Mack MP series engines use the Volvo base engine but the design and development of the EGR emissions system including turbocharger match, cam lift and timing, EGR valve and placement, EGR cooler, intake manifold, and mixer, ECU software design, performance testing, fuel economy testing, and durability testing was done in Hagerstown by the same Mack team of Hagerstown engineers that designed the last 100% Mack engine, the Mack AC-AI series which ran from 2002-2006.

The new Mack MP series engines use the Volvo base engine but the design and development of the EGR emissions system including turbocharger match, cam lift and timing, EGR valve and placement, EGR cooler, intake manifold, and mixer, ECU software design, performance testing, fuel economy testing, and durability testing was done in Hagerstown by the same Mack team of Hagerstown engineers that designed the last 100% Mack engine, the Mack AC-AI series which ran from 2002-2006.

THE MACK E7 WAS HANDS DOWN THE BEST ENGINE EVER BUILT THE END

?????????

That would be awful tiresome to "crank that puppy over by hand" to get any work out of it.

I know you meant a mechanical injection engine, not an electronic one.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.