Crazy Drive Axle Issues

Dirtymilkman

Have 46,000 mack rears on air ride. Has manual power divider and the rear axle has wheel to wheel lock. Truck also has the mud/snow switch. The issue I'm having is, if I'm on ice, I try to pull forward and both front and rear axle on just the drivers side will roll forward half a turn then lock up and slide. I could back up and it will not do it. Sometimes though if i go to back up, they drivers side will slide in reverse but go forward easily. passenger side acts normal either way. If I manually lock the power divider and wheel to wheel then I'll move without sliding. Any ideas? Peanut kit time? 

If it’s on your titan could it be the traction control applying brakes to one side trying to gain traction?  My 2014 Coronado does that if the antispin (traction control) isnt turned off.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2020 at 9:42 PM, Dirtymilkman said:

Have 46,000 mack rears on air ride. Has manual power divider and the rear axle has wheel to wheel lock. Truck also has the mud/snow switch. The issue I'm having is, if I'm on ice, I try to pull forward and both front and rear axle on just the drivers side will roll forward half a turn then lock up and slide. I could back up and it will not do it. Sometimes though if i go to back up, they drivers side will slide in reverse but go forward easily. passenger side acts normal either way. If I manually lock the power divider and wheel to wheel then I'll move without sliding. Any ideas? Peanut kit time? 

I think it could be your ABS sensor on driver side wheel on rear-rear axle is messed up. You might have a 4S4M ABS system with 2 sensors on steer wheels and 2 on rear-rear drive axle. If the ABS sensor sees the wheel spinning out it will apply brakes on both front-rear and rear-rear drive axle wheels on same side. Check the position of the sensor (close enough to tone wheel) along with wires going to sensor itself.