B/L Model Interior Question

1 hour ago, mattb73lt said:

Lancaster Upholstery no longer makes the cardboard interior panel kit for B or L model cabs, as they can no longer get the cardboard. What is everyone doing for the interior? Does anyone have another source/provider?

It maybe a long shot but what if you got and sent Lancaster the cardboard or bendable chipboard is what is really needed? Sounds like that is the only issue is getting a new source for the chipboard without buying large quantities if it. They have the template for sure and have been doing interior kits for years. Maybe they still can get it but not in the small quantities that they sell kits in these days. Maybe worth a call back to them to know.

Doing a quick Google search shows the issue, there are a few companies that still make the stuff in natural or gray color, none with the tan craft paper on one side like original Mack used. The material is sold in bulk or by the pallet not just a couple of sheets at a time. It would have to be painted to get the proper color now.

WOW, times have changed maybe try colored picture framing mat board if you can still use your old panels as templates, glue fabric beading on where it was sewn originally. Hope it will flex enough to make the bends without cracking. Or maybe use your older panels and glue Naugahyde on. Looks like what the B cab kit from Watt's is like. 

Glad I got both B & L interiors when still available. Sold the older L interior back about 5 years ago it was 10 years old from Lancaster, still in good shape but not new.

3 hours ago, AZB755V8 said:

It maybe a long shot but what if you got and sent Lancaster the cardboard or bendable chipboard is what is really needed? Sounds like that is the only issue is getting a new source for the chipboard without buying large quantities if it. They have the template for sure and have been doing interior kits for years. Maybe they still can get it but not in the small quantities that they sell kits in these days. Maybe worth a call back to them to know.

Doing a quick Google search shows the issue, there are a few companies that still make the stuff in natural or gray color, none with the tan craft paper on one side like original Mack used. The material is sold in bulk or by the pallet not just a couple of sheets at a time. It would have to be painted to get the proper color now.

WOW, times have changed maybe try colored picture framing mat board if you can still use your old panels as templates, glue fabric beading on where it was sewn originally. Hope it will flex enough to make the bends without cracking. Or maybe use your older panels and glue Naugahyde on. Looks like what the B cab kit from Watt's is like. 

Glad I got both B & L interiors when still available. Sold the older L interior back about 5 years ago it was 10 years old from Lancaster, still in good shape but not new.

That is a good point. I'll see if i can source some material that could work. I only have a few pieces that could give a few patterns, but most of the interior was missing. I'm kicking myself I didn't buy one and store it, when i could've.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting.  My headliner is falling apart at the seams, literally.  Though I want something a bit more fancier like quilted.  As warped as my cardboard is, I don't think it's worth trying to recover and reuse?  Just another "want", but still searching for a reasonable costing fix.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"