Air in Fuel.....

The dealership came and dropped 6 cups and injectors in our D13 and made no difference to the volume of fuel aeration. So now i'm back on my soap box about "330 HP engines don't blow cups" (i'm kidding, sort of). Glad that was Warranty!!!! 

Who has seen a MP8 or D13 sucking air into the fuel loop via the transfer pump input shaft? Other places? Cups are eliminated. Standpipe is eliminated (ran it off a bucket).   

Bro ! Filter heads can cause the similar issues ! We have changed several due to this! Also that rinky dink pos  primer pump can be an issue ! Its to bad these Volvo turds didn't put a electric primer on like cummins did ! Iv'e said it before ,For the most part the MP8 base engine is OK ! Could be a stellar engine if they would address some of the issues Cups  etc!  The stuff the dollar store stuff they bolt to it NOT SO MUCH! 😡

Edited by fjh

1 hour ago, fjh said:

Bro ! Filter heads can cause the similar issues ! We have changed several due to this! Also that rinky dink pos  primer pump can be an issue ! Its to bad these Volvo turds didn't put a electric primer on like cummins did ! Iv'e said it before ,For the most part the MP8 base engine is OK ! Could be a stellar engine if they would address some of the issues Cups  etc!  The stuff the dollar store stuff they bolt to it NOT SO MUCH! 😡

Good suggestion, i rubber tied a latex glove over the primer early on........but that doesn’t exactly pass as a real fix. I keep one in stock, I’ll throw it on and see what happens. 

They are cheapskates, no denial.

The low draw volume fuel system is also a big part of the issue. They do a regeneration loop for the fuel/air to go around and around and around and around without a return to tank and create little to no circulation to move the loop-trapped bubbles out. I wonder why they put the cooling plate on the ECM of these things, it’s not like you have enough flow introduction to create heat sink?

Edited by Mack Technician

3 hours ago, fjh said:

New housing in, still frothy as a high dollar Latte.  

I sent a request to Volvo, they are coming to finish the business. They want a new fuel pump put on it. Said they'll warranty it.

19 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

The low draw volume fuel system is also a big part of the issue. They do a regeneration loop for the fuel/air to go around and around and around and around without a return to tank and create little to no circulation to move the loop-trapped bubbles out. I wonder why they put the cooling plate on the ECM of these things, it’s not like you have enough flow introduction to create heat sink?

The whole set up pisses me off! The Primary filter Should be Before the Transfer pump Mounted to the Truck !! First line DEFENSE Just like Days of old! Suck thru the primary Blow thru the secondary ! Re circulate back to the Tank!  Just like Days of ole This way the fuel is filtered Completely  and Thousand times a day WITH OUT FAIL! This bs of short circuiting it on the engine is Just that BS! another possible issue U may have there is the dosing module!!! system Air getting up stream!If the Injectors Are so Fussy about having clean Fuel!  WHICH THEY ARE Then ! The set up isn't very well thought thru IS IT! ? !

Edited by fjh

12 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

They called back and asked me to disable the 7th module’s air PSI supply. I think there are reading this thread?

Its  Possible I guess ? THE Experience Based Reasoning Site ! 😂 Wish more people would share there experiences with this shit  Here!  You talk to some of them E  service guys they treat you like dirt Sometimes!

We're Just trying to get stuff fixed for people! And sometimes Just got to work off Rumors and other peoples experiences how ever far out there they may seem !

When I joined this site I had hoped that we could talk discreetly  on the  Dealer  Tech forum ! But no one seemed interested In sharing info ! So Its all out in the open  on the regular forums which is fine also, People deserve to know what they bought into I guess!

Not easy to  diagnose ANY physical stuff on this junk ! Were chasing exhaust gas in coolant ! Spin the wheel of fortune ! Is it cups NO ! Is it injector seven ?NO is it EGR cooler ? Is It the turbo  NO ! Then I guess were PULLing the head! 

Thanks Steeler! Me too, glad it was warranty and I didn’t throw away “Big Dad’s” money on injectors then have to give an explanation. 

You guys see the new injector design that’s out? With the relief cuts in the body so it has collapsibility via compress-ability.  Hard to explain, but they created weak spots in the body so it can compress and collapse like a torsion spring. They’re hoping to stop face fretting by making the whole injector structure sprung. Volvo showed me a pic, looks like they think the compression and release of the arm pumping the active injectors can be turned into stored loading against the cup mate surface. Guess what do they have to lose?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

Thanks Steeler! Me too, glad it was warranty and I didn’t throw away “Big Dad’s” money on injectors then have to give an explanation. 

You guys see the new injector design that’s out? With the relief cuts in the body so it has collapsibility via compress-ability.  Hard to explain, but they created weak spots in the body so it can compress and collapse like a torsion spring. They’re hoping to stop face fretting by making the whole injector structure sprung. Volvo showed me a pic, looks like they think the compression and release of the arm pumping the active injectors can be turned into stored loading against the cup mate surface. Guess what do they have to lose?

Nope never heard this , But Better than nothing I suppose! At Least there still attempting to remedy the injector dance syndrome !  A crush sleave injector humm 😂 one time use I suppose?  A  decent  sized  hold down bolt might help too ! How ever  if it works they will likly use up all the old stuff on the Mack side just to make it Look Bad i'm sure ! 😡

Seems like that's how it goes anyway  , Not implying anything! 😑 

Just sayin! 

• 2 years later...