twin club trans

Next week I want to go look at a trans mounted behind an end 673 it has an aluminum housing? rear brake drum and pto. Where is the number that would be on it? It looks a little different than my duplex it has the bell and lever setup for the b single clutch I was told it was in a wrecker If I can get it for a reasonable price. There is another twin stick trans near it and it has a pull type clutch arm sort of looks like the other one.

Well me and my buddy slogged threw the mud  today to see what this trany is, it's a trtl720 with a power take off. the main box shifts ok but the rear box lever is stuck with rust Jay said if i'm interested we could take the cover off and have a look. I offered 100.00 and he said he will ask the owner what he want's. Is this trany a good setup for my late model673 and how much should it really go for? 

Doesn't sound like it's been anywhere in a while and probably not going anyplace either. Your offer is fair for something serving no purpose, IMO.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

23 minutes ago, davehummell said:

Not so dave collets 675's and 673's and he just got in a e-6 with a trans he sells all this range of engines plus trans and mack rears to Africa I beat them to it when I got the jake brake.

If he has a market then there's a curve not really available in this country. I used to have two salvage yards call me when they had something antique and Mack to see if there was anything I needed from them. Haven't seen a B series in a long time but some early R models I've picked a few parts up for others restoring their projects.

I'm in the market for a blown, poor running, or tired but complete 673 out of a B series as I have a very good running END673T out of a M54A1 military truck I'd like to convert to have as a ready spare. Nothing external on this engine is compatible with the civilian models.

Edited by Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

10 minutes ago, davehummell said:

I have a end 673 i'm willing to part with for you name it 

Being I'm in no hurry let's see if your triplex deal goes favorably for you as I do have a good one here. Single over but I put several thousand miles on the truck it is out of before breaking it into parts.

Double over Triplex and 3.90 gears...........she'll get out in the left lane and run!!!

I'd love to find a better transmission for my truck to replace my worn out, rattlin' Triplex.  Someday something will fall in my lap?

Even if it was another Triplex that I could tighten up?  I've know a few guys that have some really smooth and quiet transmissions.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Kind of the way mine is setup now. Double over triplex with 3.70 gears on 10.00X22 rubber. Pretty sure it would run into triple digits. Don't know what a guy would call that as I built it up from two different transmissions many years ago. One was a duplex, the other a triplex with both sections being overdriven.

Probably going to change the transmission however as the backing speed is much too fast.

Once I get this B-61T back to road worthy I'll probably start on another B61ST, (1958) which also has a triplex, (I always liked them) and use this ex military engine with an RTO-9509 trans I have behind it. That tractor has 5.05 rears but there are good sets of 4.17, and 3.65 Mack rears around here. 

I remember looking at a Double over Triplex before and realizing first and rev were pretty fast.  They were meant for a deep rear gear.  With my 4 spd aux, I could still have my slow speed if I wanted it.  I'm kinda pushing the power with the little 6041 box, but I'm not heavy.  I'd like to just get something a bit more stout.  Bert offered me an 8 series box, but I didn't want to go through the retro fit right now.  Maybe I should have bought it anyway?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

15 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

I remember looking at a Double over Triplex before and realizing first and rev were pretty fast.  They were meant for a deep rear gear.  With my 4 spd aux, I could still have my slow speed if I wanted it.  I'm kinda pushing the power with the little 6041 box, but I'm not heavy.  I'd like to just get something a bit more stout.  Bert offered me an 8 series box, but I didn't want to go through the retro fit right now.  Maybe I should have bought it anyway?

Mine was originally a "Monoshift" that got "into" two gears at the same time and the auxiliary exploded. I took a triplex that had been run low, or out of oil and as an experiment married them up together. That was back in about 1997, or 1998 and the combination really was pretty good but much too fast of gearing with a load on, or backing. With a "monstrous" 170hp on tap and under control of your right foot, it took a while to get any speed out of it.....

The later model engine "should" make up for some shortcomings of the original.