Engine code 83 & 86 on 2003 CH613 Can I fix this?

Dakota

My 2003 CH613 has started throwing  intermittent engine codes of 8-3 and 8-6 which are described (if I found the correct list of codes) as Electronic Unit Pump #3 and #6.  Are these something that I can change out myself?  Are any special tools required to do it.  Anything I need to watch out for other than #6 is hidden well enough behind the exhaust pipe that I may need to move the pipe some to get to it.  Anything I should check first to make sure it's really these that are bad?  Nothing looks really dirty and no loose wires that I found.

TIA,

Steve

Electronic Unit Power.jpg

Electronic Unit Power1.jpg

You will need an engine turning tool.  Take one out and take off the o rings and put back in the hole. Turn engine over till pump is about 1/4" up and stops going down. Take out and put in new one. Pull down evenly on the bolts. If I remember bolts torque at 65#.  Do the same on the other.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 5:44 PM, JoeH said:

Do these have an alignment pin in the block that should be checked/replaced? At the same time?

I don't know but I may just take this to a local truck repair place that I know of as I'm sure they can take care of it for me and will know everything that needs to be done.

3 hours ago, Dakota said:

I don't know but I may just take this to a local truck repair place that I know of as I'm sure they can take care of it for me and will know everything that needs to be done.

You can also download a free E-Tech engine manual off Mack E-Media. Those walk you through it, lots of good pics and descriptions.

Make sure you reinstall your heat shield afterwards, it will prolong the pump electromagnet life. Looks like pen oil on it, so you have it covered.

Wilbur, was it you who was getting them for a fuzz over $300?

Edited by Mack Technician