Sign in to follow this  
41chevy

Mr. Freightrain

NICE... Except for that second R/T time... Sleeping, I mean snoring at the light.👍

This is cool.

NASCAR or any kind of road racing does absolutely nothing for me at all. 

But to make a car go from zero to XXXmph in one quarter of a mile really appeals to me. All of it. The science of aerodynamics, the mechanics of making fuel and air go through to the cylinders faster, getting the exhaust out faster, the science of tires, everything. I love being in the pits at NHRA events and watching an entire engine being torn down and rebuilt in between runs. All of it. 

Go fast, turn left. Go fast, turn left. Go fast, turn left. Go fast, turn left. Go fast, turn left.........YAWN 

9 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Couple of winning rounds last weekend....

IMG-20191010-065718214-3.jpg

Some days you're the dog.........sometimes you're the hydrant..........

Wow! On the 1/8th no less.Don't recall the last 1/8 mile track I ran at. 1970 at Islip maybe.

We have both tracks around here.  Magnolia and Mount Vernon are the only 1/8 miles tracks, all the rest can run 1/4 mile.

Since most of the local IHRA bracket points stuff is 1/8 mile, DW42 runs most of their programs 1/8 mile.  I can remember about 13 odd yrs ago the locals all bitched about only running 1/8.  Then like the next year, suddenly they all were raving about it.  Fuel cost, maintenance, etc all were cheaper so they suddenly think 1/8 mile is where its at.  I don't care, I just want to race.

• Like 1

1/8 works the 55 originally ran it in the early 1960's . Three options I guess 1/8  and 1/4 for the regular racers and the rails and funnies run 3/16 . . .and brag about breaking all the old records   ;)

Edited by 41chevy
  • Haha 1

Wow, the fastest car I ever had, the 70 Chevelle SS, only ran a little bit faster than that in a quarter mile. I had two cars that I took to the track, both street cars. I got 99 mph out of the small block 72 Nova, and ran 101 with the Chevelle.