Mr. Freightrain

41chevy

This is cool.

NASCAR or any kind of road racing does absolutely nothing for me at all. 

But to make a car go from zero to XXXmph in one quarter of a mile really appeals to me. All of it. The science of aerodynamics, the mechanics of making fuel and air go through to the cylinders faster, getting the exhaust out faster, the science of tires, everything. I love being in the pits at NHRA events and watching an entire engine being torn down and rebuilt in between runs. All of it. 

Go fast, turn left. Go fast, turn left. Go fast, turn left. Go fast, turn left. Go fast, turn left.........YAWN 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Not too shabby Paul.   Runs pretty well and pretty consistent for a "gasser".

I had my last races this past weekend(one Fri, one Sat, one Sun). Went some rounds, though Sunday's race got rained out.

Time to put it away for the winter....groan.

I got a few nice time slips....008 and .009 lights.  I was putting a hurt'n on those slushboxes!!!  I'll get some pics and post them.

One fellow came over to me after I took him out and said "I was told you were tough on the tree, so I knew I had to be on my game".   He redlit against me.

Edited by Freightrain
  • Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

9 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Couple of winning rounds last weekend....

IMG-20191010-065718214-3.jpg

Some days you're the dog.........sometimes you're the hydrant..........

Wow! On the 1/8th no less.Don't recall the last 1/8 mile track I ran at. 1970 at Islip maybe.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

We have both tracks around here.  Magnolia and Mount Vernon are the only 1/8 miles tracks, all the rest can run 1/4 mile.

Since most of the local IHRA bracket points stuff is 1/8 mile, DW42 runs most of their programs 1/8 mile.  I can remember about 13 odd yrs ago the locals all bitched about only running 1/8.  Then like the next year, suddenly they all were raving about it.  Fuel cost, maintenance, etc all were cheaper so they suddenly think 1/8 mile is where its at.  I don't care, I just want to race.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

1/8 works the 55 originally ran it in the early 1960's . Three options I guess 1/8  and 1/4 for the regular racers and the rails and funnies run 3/16 . . .and brag about breaking all the old records   ;)

Edited by 41chevy
  • Haha 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Wow, the fastest car I ever had, the 70 Chevelle SS, only ran a little bit faster than that in a quarter mile. I had two cars that I took to the track, both street cars. I got 99 mph out of the small block 72 Nova, and ran 101 with the Chevelle.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.