Throttle pedal replacement

RCD7595

Question

7 answers to this question

Mack 1999 RB E7 350 18 Speed Mack

I have had low power issues since I purchased this truck over a year ago. I have  checked the pressured side of the intake no leaks, replaced the turbo but only have 12-14 pounds of boost. Lately the throttle pedal has begun to act erratic as in no throttle response at all but if you wait a few moments or even minutes the pedal comes back to life and I noticed yesterday the speedometer falls to zero when the pedal drops out. I replaced the pedal assy. when I put the truck on the road a year ago. The limp or low power mode from the throttle pedal means you have to to double tap the throttle to get more response even between shifts. I have had the truck to a couple of shops and they say take it to Mack and have the ecm flashed to start.

Thanks for your advice.

Keith

all I have, is that, when I have updated a V-Mac systems, sometimes I had to re-set the throttle pedal,, I believe the code is 5-1 or 2... It requires Mack software, and the process is simple,  when you open the window to calibrate, you slowly press and fully release the throttle pedal 3 times within 10 seconds..  it can take a few tries, but that is normal... and Vuala'  it's right...  Jojo,  "V" and "F" and Glenn and a few others will correct me if needed...😁

Edited by Joey Mack
More content needed
  • Like 1

You would be correct Joey. Keith mentioned that his speedo dropped off as well. May have another issue as well, power rest code, datalink code. May even be a faulty boost pressure sensor. May want to check that fuel pressure as well. Slipping transfer pump gear or garbage in the fuel tank. Dunno, but I'd  check out these things as well. Does the check engine light come on when these things happen?

V

RB and RD’s with Etech engines came the the VECU ( vehicle control unit) mounted with the connectors facing up right under where the RH windshield would leak and drip right into the VECU. This caused lots  of issues including throttle pedal issues. Pull the kick panel down in front of the passenger seat and see if the VECU is facing up , if so unplug the 3 connectors and check for water damage and corrosion, 

I broke one side of the cast aluminum accelerator base. It holds with one, but, bought a replacement base. The rear nut came off, the front screw would not (even with an impact driver). It seems like the bolt and screw are attached below the cab floor, but, I can't find how to get to bolt and screw from underneath. Any ideas?

Thank you!